YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#FF00FF'>Just joined the site last night, so thought I should introduce myself - did PADI OW last year, but decided in Jan that a club structure might suit me better to progress (and help find some buddies!!) so have just done a crossover to BSAC Ocean Diver. Love it!! Got a tax rebate last week and blew the lot on a set of regs and a BCD..... If any of you were at Capenwray yesterday I was the muppet in pink and black drysuit.....buoyancy control??? what's that? i was up and down like a whore's knickers......

PS: I'm a physio in real life, and was most entertained by all your member's back pain stories.....men are such wimps!!

Gill  

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>oooh a new girlie on the site !!!!!!!
 it's not my back thats aching.

Welcome to YD Gill. Hope you enjoy

gareth

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Welcome to YD Gill.

That's what tax rebates are for - SPENDING!!!!!!

Enjoy yourself and join the club.

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Gill,

Well first of all a big welcome to YD - it's always good to greet new members to the fold. If it's a diving club that you're after you've just landed with the best - all the benefits of experience and regular diving opportunities but without the rules and politics.

Now, having got that out of the way, I'm one of the wimpy men suffering with back pain; a prolapsed L5S1 disc. So, I'll be watching out for you at the dive sites hoping for a bit of hands on pain relief after lugging all that heavy kit about!

Hope to see you somewhere soon!  

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

<font color='#FF00FF'>Well thanks for the welcome! I've really been bitten by the bug, and actually used this site as a decider in what regs to buy, so i've already (i hope) benefited!!

I resisted the urge to wear my new kit around the house (it frightens my dog when Mummy dresses up  
), but was distressed to find that I require 27.2lbs of shot to get me down.......back pain?? I was bloody crippled this morning!!

Anyone got a Stannah stairlift I can borrow??

LOL.....Gill

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to YD Gill,

It's not that us guys are all wimpy with back pain, it's just that we don't complain until it gets really, really bad.  

Either that or we cry like babies at the slightest twinge  

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]hoping for a bit of hands on pain relief
Unlike you to add "on pain" to that sentence Mark  

Like I said welcome and enjoy.

Daz

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imported post

<font color='#FF00FF'>how do i do that quote thing??? perhaps this might be a good time to add that although i qualified as a human physio, i only treat animals now.....

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neroage @ Feb. 16 2004,22:26)]how do i do that quote thing??? perhaps this might be a good time to add that although i qualified as a human physio, i only treat animals now.....
Yeah well, you're "definately" in the right place then!

Welcome to YD Gill. Sarah's probably ecstatic to see you as you'll take a bit of the heat off her for a while as this 'orrible lot sniff round you. I tell you, they're like a pack of wolves circling round an injured, err, animal that wolves eat.

Little "Moi", on the other hand, is a sweet, kind, lovable, softy that you just want to hug, don't you, oh please, go on, just once, I won't tell anyone.

Peter

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Imported post

<font color='#FF00FF'>i know i'm being numb here, but i have two more questions.....how do i put my pic on?? how do i crop my business partner out of said pic??....oh, and another thing, is it ok to burp into your reg?? it won't damage it or anything?

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Sorry, I meant to answer your first question but got carried away.

To Quote;
Either press the quote button at the top right of each of our posts. You'll see two boxes in your post page then. The top one is what you're writing, the bottom one is what you're quoting. delete the bottom one as appropriate!

Or

Go to post as normal-press quote twice- you'll see this;
QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Copy and paste what you want to quote in the middle.

The first way is handy if you only want to quote one person, the second if you want to quote a few!

Press "your control panel"(top left), press "personal info", press "avatar options",
Add my own image is if it's a piccie on t'web, just link to it! Upload my own avatar is if it's one of your PC.just browse for it! Hit upload and it should appear in the "pre-installed avatars" list.

Dunno about cropping. Guess thats a photoshop thing.

Never, ever burp into your reg. Stomach gasses rot the diaphram.

Hope that all makes more sense to you than it does to me.

Peter
When you upload

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ Feb. 16 2004,19:32)]I'm one of the wimpy men suffering with back pain; a prolapsed L5S1 disc......
Aye,

Don't gizz yer mince Davies!!
You can buy one of them down at Halfords - and WELL you know it!!  

Hey Gill,

Welcome to the YD Club - hope you enjoy it and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask, we'll certainly help where we can. Hope to see you and all the other recent joiners on a wet some time soon.

Cheers and dive safe,

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Hi Gill

Welcome to YD.

I am sure you will learn loads from the site but don't forget you can contribute too, it's not diving that makes YD, it's the people - God help us all!.

James  

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Imported post

<font color='#FF00FF'>cheers bren, i've looked at the stoney gig, but i have two major problems....

1) day after my birthday, so i hope to have major hangover

2) everyone is looking for buddies, so with my tally of "2"  logged dives and spanky new kit, and never been to stoney, i can't imagine offers flooding through the door!

BUT.....have a cracking day, and i'll meet with some of you guys soon......

Gill

·
Registered
545 Posts
Imported post

Hi Gill and a welcome from the end of the known world..
So not only been bitten by the diving bug, but still have time to work on the old sway backed donkeys lol,
Must admit I couldnt do both, either Dive or ride..You can guess what won out...
My Wallet,  lol
Dont worry about having only a couple of dives under your belt, there are some very skillfull divers on this forum and you should twist there arms to help you get a lot more skilled, and if you pick one with a bad back you can even carry there gear.
Dive safe
Steve

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neroage @ Feb. 17 2004,00:41)]2) everyone is looking for buddies, so with my tally of "2"  logged dives and spanky new kit, and never been to stoney, i can't imagine offers flooding through the door!
That should not be a problem. AFAIK there are instructors from both BSAC and PADI going. If you put in a request in the planned trips thread i'm sure you would be able to find a buddy.
Also quite a few of us will just be going up for a social (we're having a barbecue and everything), and not bothering to dive.

Simon A

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi Gill

Welcome

I hope you enjoy the site and i think you will find the right people to advance your diving experience here.

Dive Safe

Paul

1 - 17 of 17 Posts