YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just starting with Yorkshire divers, I assist my dive club Blueoceandiving in Maidstone Kent, with the running of the UK coastal diving trips. i was recommended to this forum by a great many experienced divers, who reckoned YD was one of the premier web sites. I work in London currently running a conference centre in the City.
My main reason for joining (before i saw the content of the site) was to advertise this years diving dates, but as i searched through the site. i have had a bright idea. a few years ago i understood that Scuba diving was the up and coming sport to take part in. but this year i find getting 12 divers to commit to a dive date is extremely frustrating. numourous reasons for nonparticipation, but i am being told that Diving is in a rut and there is no money about, is this true????. every sport has its die hards but new blood appears to be non existant, any advice, any sites i should use?

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Welcome to YD. It's one of those hard facts of life that if you organise a trip, those being organised will get lazy and and let you do all the work for no thanks and then decide they don't want to go.

I now book a trip for myself and perhaps one other person, spread the word and say "do you want to come? This is the number to call and book if you are interested".

The only other way to do it is to take a very large deposit off people as soon as they say "yes" to a trip and then shortly after get the full amount of money off them. This is non-returnable and if they drop out, they have to sell their place to someone else. That should sort them out.

On the other hand, YD is a great place for organised dive trips and you can look at availability and just put your name down, send the dosh and Bob's your uncle, fanny's your aunt!

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi there,

a warm welcome to YD, I hope you enjoy the boards

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Registered
759 Posts
Welcome, enjoy :teeth:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts