YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Burn Burn BURN
just to remind you all to back up everthing on your pc just incase you loss it what a waste of life if you dont do it !

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Help with saving all e-mails on outlook express from xp

What you trying to say Roy, its taken me 4 days and ive still not got it all back.
Roger
Thats why i try to save save save rog:

computer boff's please... how Can i copy all my e-mails inbox out box and restore it later after i have refomatted my pc

outlook express with windows Xp

many thanks in advance..............and also don't forget to save save save

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
There is a free program called OE Backup (IIRC) which does it all for you or at least there was...

I used it myself a few times and it was fine. Now I just use Outlook so it's no use to me. I might have a copy of the program somewhere, but it will be quite old.

Arfie

·
Team Starburst
865 Posts
In my documents there is a folder called "outlook" seems to be all stored in there. If you make sure you save everythign else into MyDocuments subfolders you only have one folder to back up "my documents"

Get an IPOD with a 30+gig memory not only can you keep a fair amount of music on it, but unless you have a monumental CD collection you will still have 15/20gig or so left over you can plug it in and just back up onto the drive.

advantage is it only takes it about 2 mins saves all that disk swapping malarkey and when your at your mates and they say "have you got that picture from when we were....." you will

Dave

Ps. I'd still recommend a formal back-up periodically but you plug the Ipod in every few days to update the pod cast's so just back up my documents at the same time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts