YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I can't confirm the veracity of this story; might just be something-n-nothing or one of those blasted circular email horror stories doing the rounds, but better safe than sorry. Sounds far-fetched, but you never can tell. Came in from my sister.

All the girls at our office have received this e-mail today, pass it onto any women you know.......... scary

A friend stopped at a pay-at-the-pump petrol station to get fuel.  Once she filled her petrol tank and after paying at the pump and starting to leave, the voice of the attendant inside came over the speaker.  He told her that something happened with her card and that she needed to come inside to pay.

The lady was confused because the pump-transaction showed 'complete' and 'approved'.

She relayed that to him and was getting ready to leave but the attendant, once again, urged her to come in to pay or there'd be trouble.  She proceeded to go inside and started arguing with the attendant about his threat.  He told her to calm down and listen carefully: He said that while she was filling her car, a guy had slipped into the back seat of her car on the other side and the attendant had already called the police.  She became frightened and looked out in time to see her car door open and the guy slip out and run off.

The report is that the new gang initiation thing is to bring back a woman and/or her car.  One way they are doing this is crawling under girls / women's cars while they're filling with petrol or at stores in at night-time.  The other way is slipping into unattended cars and kidnapping the women.

Please pass this on to other women, young and old alike.  Be extra careful going to and from your car at night.  If at all possible, don't go alone!  This is real!!, This alert has originated from a London company who had the woman involved in the above instance.

The message:

1.  ALWAYS lock your car doors, even if you're gone for just a second!
2.  Check underneath your car when approaching it for re-entry, and check in the back before getting in.
3.  Always be aware of your surroundings and of other individuals in your general vicinity, particularly at night!

You may wish to forward this message.

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>There's a chance it may be an urban legend (although things like this make me wonder if the internet may give people ideas that they would otherwise not have come up with?)

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/backseat.htm

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Sounds like the old urban legend to me, but still, it pays to take no chances in life as there are no end of scumbags in the world

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

I as a routine, lock my car when moving between my car and the pay station. Really just so no one steels anything from my car. I have advised my partner to do the same.

Incidentally, I have twice witnessed cars left with engines running, once outside on a petrol forecourt and once outside a shop! The petrol station one was a Jaguar. Some people are either plain stupid of have don't care, perhaps company cars? The second time this happened, I was leaving a shop and saw a car pull up and the guy run out and into the shop, engine running and lights son. I switched off his car, removed the keys and waited outside the shop door. When he returned a moment later he stopped in his tracks at his car expecting it to be running with keys in. Funny thing was when I tapped him on the shoulder and returned the keys, suggesting him might have lost his car, he became very appologetic??? I said 'mate its your car thats gona get nicked, don't appologise to me' Plain Dumb!

Dave C???

·
Registered
381 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dcrampt @ Nov. 21 2003,13:36)]I as a routine, lock my car when moving between my car and the pay station. Really just so no one steels anything from my car. I have advised my partner to do the same.

Incidentally, I have twice witnessed cars left with engines running, once outside on a petrol forecourt and once outside a shop! The petrol station one was a Jaguar. Some people are either plain stupid of have don't care, perhaps company cars? The second time this happened, I was leaving a shop and saw a car pull up and the guy run out and into the shop, engine running and lights son. I switched off his car, removed the keys and waited outside the shop door. When he returned a moment later he stopped in his tracks at his car expecting it to be running with keys in. Funny thing was when I tapped him on the shoulder and returned the keys, suggesting him might have lost his car, he became very appologetic??? I said 'mate its your car thats gona get nicked, don't appologise to me' Plain Dumb!

Dave C???
<font color='#0000FF'>You just ruined any attempt he had to make a fast getaway after robbing the place .....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Imported post

Leaving a car with its engine running whilst popping in to a shop is stupid enough but there were at least two cases not so long ago where people had also left a child  strapped in the back!  Fortunately the petty thieves who then nicked the cars quickly abandoned them when they realised what they had on the back seat and the children were recovered safely. People do the daftest things don't they?
By the way Porg are you a black belt in karate by any chance?

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

Nah, im a "de ja fu" black belt- been kicked in the head like this before.

Still say nail his foreskin to his chin and his testicles to his earlobes.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>There's a story similar to this one doing the rounds in nottingham at the moment.

Lady comes back to her car laden down with shopping, dumps it all in the boot about to get in and drive off when notices that she has a flat tyre. so she gets out the bits and bobs and is about to start changing it when this smart gentleman with a suit briefcase etc etc comes up and asks her if she would like some help, woman says are you sure? bloke says yes of course. Changes the spare wheel and put the old one in the boot. Lady now about to drive off when bloke suddenly says any chance that she could give him a lift, not far but now he's late having changed her spare tyre. Lady feels really uncomfortable, he's just been so nice but he does a bit of a sob story, she's feeling realy uncomfortable now, her phone rings, and she uses this as excuse saying emergency at home so that he doesn't think she is being rude.

Lady goes home thinks nothing of it until a couple of days later when she goes in to get a new spare tyre, the blokes at the garage look at and um and arr a little, turns out there was absolutely nothing wrong some0one had deliberatly let all the air out to cause the flat.

don't know if it's true but gives you the creeps anyway.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Imported post

I agree there porg a person who could even dream of doing this to anyone deserves a good kicking
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Still say nail his foreskin to his chin and his testicles to his earlobes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts