YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the dongles:

1. Specific to the keyboard and mouse they are supplied with.
2. Work with any Bluetooth KB/M.
3. Depends on the KB/M.

·
Conscientious Objector
1,269 Posts
Theoretically, BT is BT is BT, it's a protected protocol (802.15 IIRC?) and as such all devices *should* be interoperable... In reality, it depends on the devices and dongles.

Logitech do a system with their wireless non-BT stuff where you can connect any number of devices to one micro-dongle: Logitech® Unifying receiver

It's kind of a suck-it-and-see deal...

Reactions: Finless

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theoretically, BT is BT is BT, it's a protected protocol (802.15 IIRC?) and as such all devices *should* be interoperable... In reality, it depends on the devices and dongles.

Logitech do a system with their wireless non-BT stuff where you can connect any number of devices to one micro-dongle: Logitech® Unifying receiver

It's kind of a suck-it-and-see deal...
He has a Philips PC/KB & mouse with a BT Connect dongle.

I've just loaned him my Dell Bluetooth dongle to see how he gets on with that.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Are the dongles:

1. Specific to the keyboard and mouse they are supplied with.
2. Work with any Bluetooth KB/M.
3. Depends on the KB/M.
The mouse that comes with a dongle needs that dongle to work because they're a matched pair.
The keyboard that comes with a dongle needs that dongle to work because they're a matched pair.

If this were not the case how would the dongle know which mouse/keyboard to synch with?

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The mouse that comes with a dongle needs that dongle to work because they're a matched pair.
The keyboard that comes with a dongle needs that dongle to work because they're a matched pair.

If this were not the case how would the dongle know which mouse/keyboard to synch with?
I assumed that the little buttons on the devices forced each device to cycle through a range of pre set frequencies until the dongle confirmed it was reading and .............

Are you still alive? We must be the only 2 people still alive now that the world has ended. The Planet Rock DJ may still be alive if I'm not listening to a recorded broadcast. I must admit, I was expecting a bit more mayhem.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I'm sitting on a rock floating in outer space with full dive kit on so I can breath. There's dust and ash all around me. Is that you on the rock over there?

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sitting on a rock floating in outer space with full dive kit on so I can breath. There's dust and ash all around me. Is that you on the rock over there?
I don't know about 'the' but certainly an 'a'. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts