YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all

If you own a KISS then I guess i'm asking you for some advice.

The DSV hose is about 26" long or you can get it with a 17" i think
now when i look at the jetsam KISS breather picture the STD hose looks veryyyy long i've asked kim this & she said the STD hose is fine but it still looks too bloody long, how do you guys find it, do you wish it was shorter

Thank for your advice

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

How about getting the long one and buying some re-usable hose ends so you can shorten it if you need to later?

·
more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts
Imported post

It kinda depends which port on the manifold you route it from. I changed mine to standard length reg hose (it comes with an occy hose). Theres a pic on my profile if you want to see...

·
3,628 Posts
Imported post

Doh. Just re-read that... do you mean the LP feed to the DSV (which is what I thought), or the breathing loop?

If you mean the loop, gordon now has some shorter loop hoses...

·
3,628 Posts
Imported post

Aha. this seems to vary a bit from person to person. I did find mine a tad long and floaty, so I changed them for shorter and found those too restrictive. The final solution was to use velcro to secure the breathing to the harness at the shoulders. Now its fine (for me anyway).

If I were buying now, I'd probably go for the same solution.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

I've just dived with a KISS diver & he has both the short one is a bit short BUT it does stretch
So i'll be getting the short one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts