YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"Right, done the pool stuff, what's next.........?
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Just been reading about the kit that has been stolen, and there has been a few postings in the past as well. I don't have insurance specifically for my kit. So I suppose I'm looking for any pointers on good value cover, companies to give a go and likewise ones to give a miss.
Cheers John.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Firstly check with your household insurance to see if they cover Scuba equipment.  All risk cover maybe a good option.  If they cover it, this is usually the cheapest option.

Otherwise, try Westfield and/or Divemaster.

I have the majority of mine covered through my household insurance under a all risk policy and my video and housing and some bits and bobs through Westfield.

Daz

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>as Daz says check with your house contents I paid for a separate policy couple of years without realising this.

We are with the tsb and are covered in the uk and abroad, the only exclusion is for loss or damage while underwater

Safe diving,
Steve.

·
"Right, done the pool stuff, what's next.........?
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Daz does that cover you even if its stolen from the car or wherever.My household insurance covers me upto whatever per item for sports goods but will need to check if it still covers away from the house.  Cheers Steve.
John.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Imported post

I used to have my gear insured with Diveguard,(Greasborough), in Rotherham. Had no problems with them, but didn't make any claims either.

Changed this year to Divemaster and the same level of cover was £40 cheaper! Presume this is because it's cheaper on-line?

They also cover my gear when it's in my campervan on holiday. Some companies will only cover it "in transit", and state that gear is secured overnight. I'm covered all the time it's in the 'van, even if I'm not.

Don't know about house insurance covering dive gear. Mine only seems to cover "normal" sports such as badminton!

Regardless of who you go with, I value it if only for peace of mind.

Just read Steve's post. I'm covered for accidental loss andfor "jettisoning" in emergencies, ie rescue scenario, etc.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (j.w. @ Mar. 31 2004,22:23)]Hi Daz does that cover you even if its stolen from the car or wherever.My household insurance covers me upto whatever per item for sports goods but will need to check if it still covers away from the house.  Cheers Steve.
John.
It does indeed but only under the all risk cover.

Basically I have up to £5000 all risk cover, this covers any kit upto a total of £5000 for accidental damage and theft away from the home.

The maximum amount for a single item is £1500, thus the reason why I covered thee camera and housing seperately.

Check the small print, but an all risk policy for a specific maximum could meet your requirements.

Daz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts