YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
That's Members Representative to you!
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I'm off to Ibiza on Sunday for some drinking & diving (not at same time or in that order!) and am (was) looking forward to a couple of night dives...

I've just been told by one of my diving colleagues however, that I won't get the ol' 620 on the plane as there's a risk of it exploding should the plane do an emergency descent! Does anyone know if this is this right?

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Justin, lets hope there's no need for the emergancy decent then  

I take mine on holiday and although my bags have been search, they always are for some reason the xray machine always picks up my memo mouse, it must be the little wires attached to a little box.  I have never had any trouble with the torch.

·
That's Members Representative to you!
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Thanks Fiona! I'll take the gamble then! Do you put it in with your 'hold' luggage or 'hand' luggage? I was planning on taking it with my regs as hand luggage, but if they ask me to open it up or anything i'll be in the proverbial poo...!

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Justin

I put mine in hand luggage but only so it doesn't get bashed about.  I now put my regs in hold baggage too much weight otherwise.  Although I would be in the sticky stuff if my bags went missing, having said that I wouldn't be going anywhere if the bags went missing as I always go on liveaboards and the boat would probably leave without me anyway.

Have a good holiday  

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF00FF'>I put my 620 in my hand luggage, they always xray it a zillion times but no problem.
jules

1 - 5 of 5 Posts