YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

CAN ANYONE LET ME KNOW,HOW IT WAS IDENTIFIED.....LAST DIVER MAGAZINE LENGTH PUT IT AT 385FT,KYARRA WAS 415FT,THERE IS ANOTHER SHIP NR BY WHICH IS THIS LENGTH ,FROM THE SAME YEAR THE KYARRA SANK,HOW FAR OUT FROM SHORE IS THE KYARRA,,,,ANYONE GOT THE MILEAGE...IS IT HALF A MILE OR EIGHT MILES...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

Hi Rob
Kyarra. Is about 1-2 miles out from Swanage lighthouse.
Identified by its name plates, Can’t remember which club nicked then [big brass letters] should have stayed in Swanage.

Loads of info here.
http://www.seadart.net  Site menu/swanage/detailed wrecks.
Bob

(Edited by Seadart Bob at 11:06 am on Feb. 25, 2003)

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Ok,

Built in the Clyde in 1903, she is 415 ft long by 52ft and weighed 4,383 tons

As Bob said she is about a mile off shore. As a wreck dive she is fantastic, but her closeness to the shore means she can get quite busy. But, there is a lot to find on her, perfume bottles, sealing wax and most fun, gold watches.

If you get a copy of Dive Dorset, there is a mass of information in there.

Andrew

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

ACCORDING TO DICT OF SEA DIASTERS IN AGE OF STEAM,IT PUTS THE WRECK 8MILES OUT...AND THIS OTHER WRECK,WHERE YOUR ALL SAYING ABOUT A MILE..WHOSE WRONG...IS IT Lloyds...RECORDS.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Imported post

Kyarra is about mile and a half out from Swanage.

cheers

Mark

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

Unless you can make up a name of another shipwreck using the letters aarryk because those were the letters that came of the ship that is about 1.5 miles out from Swanage light house. So I would say that Lloyds has got it wrong. Would you like to tell them?
Bob.
P.S.
In fact its position was not known until the late fifties when Kingston club found it and now own it, or its members.

(Edited by Seadart Bob at 2:35 pm on Feb. 26, 2003)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

WILL CONSULT BOOK WITH LETTERS,AND LET U KNOW,IF IM WRONG ITS ONLY BECAUSE OF Lloyds...I APOLOGISE....
     SIGNED DIVER STILL WRECK LEARNING.....

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Well in Rob,

You've found the 'Caps Lock' ket at last !!  

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#333399'>Go on Rob I'll ask it.
Whats the name of this other wreck?
Cheers
Bob

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

info not to hand,as researching another 500 wrecks off south wales,but will get hold of it for next time...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts