YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Just a couple of lines about probably my coolest UK dive to date.

Me and my other half Liz rocked up to Abbs at midday and got a parking space no problem (an event in itself) Drifty arrived about an hour later and also found a space.
Bit of a pootle around around Seagull rock - first time in the "cave" for Drifty, viz is great.

Couple of hours SI then out for late afternoon jaunt (5.30-6pm ish) on Billy's new boat the "Lady Gail", just us three  

Billy dropped us in at Anemone Gully, where we drifted gently over acres of Dead Mens Fingers festooned with brittlestars of several species, saw a Norwegian Topknot (first one of those) got stalked by a friendly Ballen Wrasse, Liz saw a smallish Ling then Drifty spotted a full size version, looked to be  about 1.5m long but hard to tell as they prefer to stay mostly hidden (first sightings of Ling for me and Liz) .

Then, as predicted by Billy, a stellar appearance by a flock of Guillemots hunting underwater! I should point out that Liz has a keen interest in Penguins so this is about as close to that experience as you can get in UK waters. I knew this would make her day. Next was the largest shoal of fish I've yet seen in UK waters, think they were Pollack.
And with a dive time just a little shy of one hour, that was Liz's longest dive to date.

Only down side to the day was Drifty possibly getting into trouble with the missus for failing to phone home - hope you're not gounded mate  
 and slight problem getting fills

Current air arrangements at Abbs: Billy's compressor is in but not the air banks yet (imminent), the air supply on the harbour is apprently soon-to-be-no-more, Scoutscroft have a new-fangled key-operated air system, but we almost couldn' t get fills due to insufficient staff to dispense these electronic do-dads, a big Chee-az to West Lakes SAC for helping us out in that department.

Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I can just about walk normally again now pal.....

Top gig....

You forgot to mention the school of 150 pollack that I went chasing  

Superb!

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Steve

Make me want to have been there.

Adrian

Note to self - Do some northern UK diving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts