YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lovely weather and another lovely dive...this time on the Lancer II (about three miles South of Newhaven, East Sussex). Fast ride out aboard MacD the inboard diesel charter RIB from Newhaven. Six divers on board with Skipper and two crew (no shortage of space, though not all on board followed the time honoured (?) convention of sitting by your own kit!).

Beautifully sunny day and a relatively shallow wreck , chosen my muggins here to allow as much natural light as poss! On a low the max depth was 22m with a top of the fo'c'sle depth of 16m!

The Lancer II is a HM Trawler (armed, though the gun has long gone, to an address in Kent if I remember correctly!!) . As a Trawler she is quite small but does allow divers to make several complete circumnavigations. Over the years (I dived this wreck over 30 times) salt water has taken it's toll on the wreck , still upright with recognisable bows much of the hull is giving way to an open framework of steel.

There is a minor area of wreckage approx 20m from the main wreck, this is probably parts of the superstructure.

My shallow plan worked , there was quite good light on the wreck and you could easily see well into the hold areas without a torch.

Cheers to Nomis, my buddy for the dive!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes we all had a good time by the sounds of things. As a group of less expirianced divers not everyone sat by thier kit on a small tight rib.

Regardless all got kitted up without problem and all got into the water. More importantly all came back without problem and we all had a good time.

Sorry we didnt all sit by our kit!!!!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes we all had a good time by the sounds of things. As a group of less expirianced divers not everyone sat by thier kit.

Regardless all got kitted up without problem and all got into the water. More importantly all came back without problem and we all had a good time.

Sorry we didnt all sit by our kit!!!!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry I didnt mean to be sarcastic. Left message after several beers. We all enjoyed the dive and rather liked the wreck of the Lancer. I thought the viz was good myself having dived all through the winter often in 0 viz. You are probably also right about the kit issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts