YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from a week diving Lanzarote. Had a wonderful time, why isn't it pushed more as a diving destination? Hubby took me 'cos he has been twice in the days before I started diving and he said I would like it [ I think he meant the diving!] He was right. Really friendly people Kev and Simone at Canary Island Divers in Puerto del Carmen couldn't do enough to make our week fun. We did 14 dives each including night dives and wreck dives and it was never boring. Easy entries off shore mostly dropping off into quite deep water in minutes[our first dive went to 37mts ]. Wonderful viz. Loads of fish shoals damsels,bream , cardinals, cuttlefish, stingrays, saw 12on one dive , some like flying carpets so big, angel sharks and huge grouper. Little things too nudibranchs, arrow crabs, shrimps huge patches if garden eels, plenty of anemones. Underwater topography interesting too coutesy of the volcanic activity definitely better to look at underwater than on top.
Our accomodation was directly above the dive centre in club Calypso really convenient and good. We were able to fly from a local airport and it's only 3hrs20mins away. Can't wait to go back. Chek out the website canaryislanddivers.com. Anyone else enjoyed Lanzarote?

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
I'm going at the end of the month and had to cancel 4 days of Dover diving for it, so i hope to enjoy the diving as much as you have.

·
176 Posts
I dived from Playa Blanca in February and had a wonderful time, lots more to see than I expected!

Glad to hear you enjoyed it too!

·
Là á Bhlàir's math na Càirdean
884 Posts
I'm going at the end of the month and had to cancel 4 days of Dover diving for it, so i hope to enjoy the diving as much as you have.

enjoy the diving...............how can that be, easy shore entries, wonderful viz, no u boats or armed trawlers. Whats there to enjoy Paul:wink:

Nice report from Pauline:thumbsup:

have a good one in Lanzarote Paul

·
Getting Grumpy, Old and Twisted
3,115 Posts
I have had four diving holidays to Lanzarote and thouroughly enjoyed them. The first two hols were shore diving from Playachica beach and Mala with MA diving and the the second two hols were RIB dives with Island Watersports at Puerto Calero.
Some first class wrecks and volcanic formations to dive with quite abundant wild life.
Also for anyone thinking of going out there diving, Mala is an experience not to be missed.;)

·
Tenerife's only Rec, Tec & CCR Centre
367 Posts
Hi Pauline, good to read about your latest adventures, Tell Tim I said hi.

Take care.
I remember Tim. He was a great guy. I can't believe he still works there. I dived there quite a few years ago when Ken and Kay owned it. I wonder is it the same Tim?

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I remember Tim. He was a great guy. I can't believe he still works there. I dived there quite a few years ago when Ken and Kay owned it. I wonder is it the same Tim?
David, the Tim I was referring to is Pauline's Husband, I met Pauline & Tim on a live aboard over new year, I believe Tim (Pauline's husband) used to instruct over their so it may be the same guy, Pauline / Tim?

·
Registered
9 Posts
lanzarote

:teeth: visited lanzarote with the family end of jan this year and the diving was truly amazing would compare it with almost anywhere else saw my first angel shark on a deep dive not a pretty shark by no means but wouldn't hesitate to repear the experience , i went thru rubicon next to playa blanca excellent proffesional set-up really nice people own dock too and centre on dockside too so big smiles all round :teeth:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts