YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
"Penny Washers" is what you are looking for.

NickNacks have them and I guess so do some of the stainless harware merchants.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Try drilling holes in 10p pieces instead - then they'll only cost you...10p each:teeth: with no P&P!

Seriously that's where the term 'Penny Washers' came from. A farmer needed washers for a bit of machinery and discovered that although they were the same size and thickness as an old penny, they cost considerably more; so he drilled holes in old pennies and used them instead.

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
Try drilling holes in 10p pieces instead - then they'll only cost you...10p each:teeth: with no P&P!

Seriously that's where the term 'Penny Washers' came from. A farmer needed washers for a bit of machinery and discovered that although they were the same size and thickness as an old penny, they cost considerably more; so he drilled holes in old pennies and used them instead.
That's illegal as you will be defacing an image of the monarch and could be executed for treason.

Use a 10c Euro instead.

·
The man who makes nice "SHINY" things
1,706 Posts
I am after some M8 stainless steel washers. I already have some thin 5p sized ones but want some thicker 10p sized ones.
Anyone know where I can source some from?
Darren

Give me a call at Kent Tooling as we have these in stock and i will put some in the post for you.

John

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
Darren

Give me a call at Kent Tooling as we have these in stock and i will put some in the post for you.

John
Sorry John

Never even though of you :embarassed:

·
The man who makes nice "SHINY" things
1,706 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
That's illegal as you will be defacing an image of the monarch and could be executed for treason.

Use a 10c Euro instead.
Oh, I have a work colleague who insists on washing his hands after touching any coins at all. He swears blind it is because jaikies, according to him, store their coins up their bums to avoid being robbed by other jaikies when blind drunk.

Hang all the jaikies then.:teeth:

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Thats funny Steve, as Josie's Grandmother was born and brought up in India (Father was in the Army). They never touched any coins, instead sending the servant along with them in the car to carry the cash. They believed that the coins could transmit Leprocy. They even had an account with the local cinema :) Told you she was posh... :D

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I never carry cash either; not on the grounds of being posh but simply because I don't have any.:frown:

As I'm sure you're finding, children are 'The World's Best Cash Absorbant'.

"Do you suffer from too much money lying around? Continually slipping or tripping on a pile of spare tenners? Trousers hanging too low from a surfeit of change?

Not any more, thanks to New, Improved, Child!

Simply carry a Child with you at all times and watch those pounds just slip away.

Yes folks, with Child you can say goodbye to all those surplus cash worries.

Get one today!

And don't forget the more children you have the more effective they become. Two children can absorb THREE times as much as one! Three Children can absorb the annual GDP of Malawi!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.