YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For once I have struck lucky.

I bought a Lexmark laser printer for work.

Toner cartridges (set / high yield) were £446.98 for the last set.

In the past it has been cheaper to buy 2 new laser printers on special offer for the toner in them than it has been to buy the toner on its own - I have felt quite guilty about this because, well, what a waste.

Anyway, as luck would have it the printers I bought were not the same spec as my main printer BUT some of the parts are interchangeable. Today I needed a new 'imaging kit' (around £200) and it was one of the interchangeable bits. :)

So, if you have a business it is well worth taking advantage of similar offers on your laser printer in order to have a donor machine ready. :)

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just refill the toners for about £25 a colour
I tried that with the previous laser:

1. What a mess.
2. The printer died after I started doing that. It was prob just a coincide nce but it made me suspicious of doing the same again.

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
I tried that with the previous laser:

1. What a mess.
2. The printer died after I started doing that. It was prob just a coincide nce but it made me suspicious of doing the same again.
1. You have to be careful. I turned the sales office bright blue one afternoon. A vaccuum cleaner is very helpful.
2. Still going 3 years later. Now needs new drums.
c. Less of a problem as we have a contract thing now- print/copy/scan A3 laser colour with 4 paper bins.

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Given how cheap the laser printers are (compared to the cost of the toner) it is probably worth a gamble .......... esp as I have 2 donor printers. :)

I've suffered the multicoloured floor followed by the toner venting out of the vacuum cleaner. :)

·
bored
2,308 Posts
Or just network the photocopier as the office printer.

print/scan and copy to A3.

Only prints B&W but not exactly the end of our world, its also a calendar quicker than an A3 inkjet.

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Our laser printer IS our copier and scanner.

It would also be our fax machine too if I were'nt so lazy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts