YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Last night I had the opportunity of doing possibly my strangest dive yet. Well, not really strange just unusual. My next door neighbour popped round last week and asked me if I wouldn't mind helping a friend of his out by giving him a hand. It transpired that one of his oxygenating filters had come loose in his pond, he needed it re-seating because it was damaging his fish and he couldn't do it himself because he didn't like water over his head.

Not really knowing what to expect I went prepared with dry suit, pony bottle, lead and, obviously, a mask. This turned out to be a good idea because this pond was about the same size a some peoples swimming pools! 6 feet deep, 8 feet wide (at it's widest point), about 30 feet in length and held 60 Koi of various sizes, colours and patterns some of which were valued at up to 2000 squids each, all of which were very inquisitive of a dry suited diver lying on the bottom of their home attempting to re-seat a pipe in a filter which you couldn't see.

This took about 15 mins mainly due to the fact that it had to be done by feel. The water was crystal clear though and about 10 degrees so after the job in hand was done I thought it was a good opportunity for a further 5 minutes dive - rude not to really.

Top experience.

Noel.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Tune in next week for

'Replacing the mastic around the bathtub'  

Should have taken a camera, some koi shots would have been differenet from the ususal reef fish.

Adrian

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>are you team bunnies cross dressers? or is Noel logging as Dawn???
i think we should be told..
jules

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

No were not cross dressing. Dawn was already logged in and I forgot to change the log in to myself, although she does have some nice dresses now come to think of it...

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

I reckon that could become a Padi speciality, the dive, not the cross dressing.
Sounds like fun from where I am sat, nice one.

Matt

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dawn Johnson @ June 19 2003,08:32)]and held 60 Koi of various sizes, colours and patterns some of which were valued at up to 2000 squids each, all of which were very inquisitive of a dry suited diver lying on the bottom of their home attempting to re-seat a pipe in a filter which you couldn't see.
<font color='#000080'>So you don't think they would have let you take a goody bag in with you then  ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts