YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Thought it was about time I wrote an introduction since I originally joined this site in Nov 03! Apologies for not saying hello before but I was...um....busy!

I was originally introduced to this site by the late Chris Hall. I have to say that it was a bit of a shock to see that he had died. Sincere condolences to his family.

After becoming a member of the site, I flew out to spend a year working in Iraq (yes I know....any excuse!). When I finished there, I spent another year travelling, diving and working in South East Asia and Australia. Since returning I haven't had much opportunity to dive except during a trip to South Africa last year. I now have a few trips planned and am really hoping to get back into it.

Unfortunately it can be difficult to find dive buddies at times, so I should think I will be posting in the Buddies section soon to find some friendly YD'ers!

Cheers,

Lee

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi Lee,

a warm welcome to YD, enjoy the boards and good luck with the buddy search.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
I think that could well be the longest gap between signing up and posting an intro, but thanks for doing so. Welcome back to YD after your gap, you will easily pick up some buddies if you post in the buddies section, or sign up for a YD trip if there is one that you fancy.
Have fun out there!

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Hi Lee,

I Feel a bit of a fraud here as you've been a member longer than I have, but welcome to the nut house.

YD has helped me find some drinking partners, dive buddies, a summer job & even some new friends (not that there was anything wrong with my old ones). If I can do that from reletivly no diving experience then pretty damn certain you can find some buddies.

Have fun & dive safe.

Davie.

G

·
Hi lee, I see you're at Bicester. Not too far from me. Look forward to meeting you tonight at Wrayspuddle...maybe have a dive together sometime...maybe not tonight but definitely some other time.

Ax

1 - 12 of 12 Posts