YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here at Dive in Style we are working exclusively with eight of the best equipped and most luxurious hotels in the world and have personally vetted many of the UK�s leading dive centres to offer the PADI Open Water course completely for free to all Dive in Style clients. Do the first half in the UK and the second half somewhere exotic. All you need to do is book a holiday with us.

Take a look at our site and let us know if you or anyone you know wants to take advantage of this offer: Learn to Dive for Free: Dive In Style

Happy diving!

Attachments

·
Winding up the precious since 2009
2,988 Posts
In what way?

They are a YD advertiser, and they are, erm, advertising.
Somewhat amusingly at the moment it's their ad. that is showing at the top and bottom of the page for me.

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
Somewhat amusingly at the moment it's their ad. that is showing at the top and bottom of the page for me.
We looked into advertising on YD when I worked in Lanz. You can have a general advert, or a targetted advert (relevant forum). Good planning/marketing by Jay, helps pay for all the bandwidth we waste:)

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
You'd have thought that a place called Yorkshire Divers would be populated by people that can already dive wouldn't you? Not only that every single person that posts on this forum is not only an expert in diving but an instructor too. So who needs to learn to dive for free? :D

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Perhaps we should all apply there for a job, from their research they obviously have access to the best dive centres :D

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
It's false advertising - nothing is free. In this case, I suspect it's merely hidden.

What you didn't really think that room was worth $300 a night did you?

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
It's false advertising - nothing is free. In this case, I suspect it's merely hidden.

What you didn't really think that room was worth $300 a night did you?
It's not false advertising, it's just typical advertising use of weasel words. Of course the cost of the course is absorbed into the holiday price.

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
Misleading then. A good lawyer could defend it I'm sure but the intention is there.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
I was a bit surprised - I misread it and thought that someone had just got their post a bit wrong - I teach for DiveStyle, here in the UK. I thought JC had expanded! :)

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
Misleading then. A good lawyer could defend it I'm sure but the intention is there.
The title is a hook, that's all, it's designed to make you look. And it obviously has done, so in my mind it has worked.

It's also about as misleading a Divers Whorehouse calling themselves "The cheapest and the best" then;) (Going by my experience with them, they are neither)
And it's no different to liveaboards that advertise "Free Nitrox". The cost is in the price somewhere, rather than an extra (which is another debate, and one which we had recently I think).

·
Girlie diver
745 Posts
We used to have offers like that at our centre.. a case of getting bums on seats... once here the divers would hopefully drink and eat at the hotel (owned by the same company) and book extra diving after their course. Only problem was that we would end up with divers who had no money, so nothing spare to spend on extras. Also we would get a lot of people who weren't really that bothered about learning to dive, so couldn't swim, or were scared of water, doing it only because their other half dives... I could go on. Funny how much keener people are to complete the course when they have spent a little of their hard earned cash on it. Hehe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts