YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>Hi,

Does anyone know if the Aqualung Arctic regulator can be converted for left hand use (ie. come over the left shoulder)? I've heard Aqualung's warm water Calypso reg can be, but not sure if it can be done with the Arctic?

If not, anyone know of a good left handed reg apart from Poseidons?

Cheers,

Jen  

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

The Arctic can't be converted to left-hand use because of the shape of the moulding (as far as I can remember), it's a while since I opened mine up, but it is handed as far as I know.

You can convert an R190 fairly easily, I did it to mine, but you do have to be a bit careful. I cracked a fairly important bit of plastic which kind of messed it up, but that was because I stupidly assumed that Scubapro would never be as silly as to design a reg you could just pull off the hose. They did, and you can if you pull hard enough. Quality.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jen S @ Nov. 07 2003,10:48)]If not, anyone know of a good left handed reg apart from Poseidons?
The Omega from Oceanic is also a side breather (I use a couple on my twins) also some of the Dacor are side breathers so can be used either side (Don't know how good they are though).

Daz

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

Trioed a viper a while back and it was ok, but not in the same league as apeks or poseidons for my money. that said, the prices are pretty different too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts