YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
l've booked Channel Diver Channel Diving | Boats for Friday 16th of May 08 to Monday 19th of May 08 to go to Cherbourg and dive the Leopoldville.

We will do two or three dives on the Leopoldville, which is about 65 mtrs deep and one on the Empire Javelin. If we only do two on the leopoldville we will do another wreck of a similar depth.

We will start out from Brighton friday morning, spend three nights b&b in some froggie 'otel in Cherbourg and then back to 'London by the Sea' monday evening.

This will be limited to a maximium of ten divers.

So far.

1. Me
2. Chasey
3. Janos.
4. Digger
5. Dave R
6. Rob A
7. Rich Clark
8. Matt Downer
9. Andy C ( Boris )
10. Jacqui C ( Boris )

Reserves

The cost for the boat is 300 squids each based on ten, and the froggie 'otel about 30 squids a night.

THE EMPIRE JAVELIN 65MTS

This steam ship of 7,177 tons and 400 feet long was torpedoed by a German submarine on 28 December 1944 and now lies some 50 miles from Brighton A deep wreck in 65mts of water in an area of extreme tides, the helm and some of the bridge section can still be seen in place. An interesting dive lots of original ship features still in place, this is a deep dark wreck with the need for a good main light. The wreck is 50 miles from Brighton and is usually dived on one of our cross channel trips to Cherbourg, which is well worth the trip.

Leopoldville

Dutch Cruisers - Beyond the Blue Technical Diving Magazine

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Thanks for sorting this m8 you just made my day :D

ATB

Mark Chase

·
DIR since '64
261 Posts
l've booked Channel Diver Channel Diving | Boats for Friday 16th of May 08 to Monday 19th of May 08 to go to Cherbourg and dive the Leopoldville.

We will do two or three dives on the Leopoldville, which is about 65 mtrs deep and one on the Empire Javelin. If we only do two on the leopoldville we will do another wreck of a similar depth.

We will start out from Brighton friday morning, spend three nights b&b in some froggie 'otel in Cherbourg and then back to 'London by the Sea' monday evening.

This will be limited to a maximium of ten divers.

So far.
1. Me
2. Chasey
3. Janos.
4. Digger
5. Dave R
6. Rob A

The cost for the boat is 300 squids each based on ten, and the froggie 'otel about 30 squids a night.

THE EMPIRE JAVELIN 65MTS

This steam ship of 7,177 tons and 400 feet long was torpedoed by a German submarine on 28 December 1944 and now lies some 50 miles from Brighton A deep wreck in 65mts of water in an area of extreme tides, the helm and some of the bridge section can still be seen in place. An interesting dive lots of original ship features still in place, this is a deep dark wreck with the need for a good main light. The wreck is 50 miles from Brighton and is usually dived on one of our cross channel trips to Cherbourg, which is well worth the trip.

Leopoldville

Dutch Cruisers - Beyond the Blue Technical Diving Magazine

·
"All I want is a KISS!"
493 Posts
So far.
1. Me
2. Chasey
3. Janos.
4. Digger
5. Dave R
6. Rob A
7. Rich Clark
8. Matt Downer

Thanks mate, should be a cracking trip!

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Woo hoooooo............. we have a party.

Now all l wish for is that there's a Big Brother 9 whilst we're on this gig....................... to give us something to talk about :D

Oh, and if you guys insist, l could bring my Dyfedd 'only gay in the village' outfit for anyone to try. See my profile picky for a preview. :D

·
15,343 Posts
Woo hoooooo............. we have a party.

Now all l wish for is that there's a Big Brother 9 whilst we're on this gig....................... to give us something to talk about :D

Oh, and if you guys insist, l could bring my Dyfedd 'only gay in the village' outfit for anyone to try. See my profile picky for a preview. :D

Ill have to have a think for a while about which i find more repugnant?

ATB

Mark Chase :D

PS What a great group:thumbs_up:

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
PS What a great group:thumbs_up:

Mostly!

Who the feck is that Chasey knobhead!!!!!

OK, l know its not midnight yet but crapolar is still allowed.

Ooooooopss.....

Dave and Rich are you still on even if Chasey spouts such utter crapolar?

Notice for anyone else thinking of coming

Take no notice of above, this is a well feckin 'ard teckie group and dead feckin serious, so don't put your names down unless you fit in with the above.

·
"All I want is a KISS!"
493 Posts
So far.
1. Me
2. Chasey
3. Janos.
4. Digger
5. Dave R
6. Rob A
7. Rich Clark (Classic KISS)
8. Matt Downer (Classic KISS)
9. Andy C ( Boris )
10. Jacqui C ( Boris )

Is this an all CCR boat... who am i gonna fill my smb crack bottle and run my booster off of :)

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
So far.
1. Me
2. Chasey
3. Janos.
4. Digger
5. Dave R
6. Rob A
9. Andy C ( Boris )
10. Jacqui C ( Boris )

Is this an all CCR boat... who am i gonna fill my smb crack bottle and run my booster off of :)
Don't worry, Digger will have broken his KISS beyond repair by next summer and will be falling back on OC twins.

:D

·
15,343 Posts
1. Me (YBOD)
2. Chasey(Classic Kiss)
3. Janos.(Classic Kiss)
4. Digger(Classic Kiss)
5. Dave R (Sports Kiss)
6. Rob A
9. Andy C ( Boris )
10. Jacqui C ( Boris )

Good point :(

Mind you Howards YBOD will probably break and because hes been so nasty to me I wont take my spare inspo head for him so we can fill off his bailout stages :D

ATB

Mark Chase

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Thats if he remembers to take his Death Box in the first place :)

·
"All I want is a KISS!"
493 Posts
I don't think a trip like this is feasible on OC? 4 x 60m+ dives back to back. Would either need 4 twinsets each or deep air.

Gonna be a good-un :teeth::teeth::teeth:
I know mate, my comment was tongue in cheek... looking forward to it already!

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Because 'le dude plongee 08' looks like ending up as a one day instead of a three day gig l needed cheering up and to wind up the folk that aren't on this gig, so l though l'd resurrect this thread :D

·
ccr_ada top DAC guru 001#Blackberry pin 283E29BB
2,217 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.