YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As i started the thread i better be the first to say hello. Just thought i'd set up a place on here where LGB divers can chat and meet if they so wish.

I myself are new on the diving scence and looking forward to what awaits.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual

Thats the only LGB I can think of, but it usually is referred to as LGBT I think

Is the thread 'the place to meet' or should there be a link included?

·
Scallop serial killer
1,311 Posts
You want LGB divers to use this thread to talk about LGB diving? Like if we dive in pink and stuff? Clubs for LGB divers are pretty thin on the ground, and it might have been better to start the thread with a bit more knowledge of the site and people knowing who you are first..... otherwise anyone is is LGB and knows what you're on about will think erm well, why should I post on here. Are you male or female? Forget that last question, I can see from your pic your a bloke. Either that or a really hairy lady!! I dived with Pink Tank (based in Manchester) a few times over the last couple of years, but it's been hard to keep the club going. Not enough interest, and to be honest, a lot of LGB divers prefer to dive with a mixed bag of people anyway. I got a bit irritated with them because they got a bit sniffy about a straight friend coming along on a trip.

·
Scallop serial killer
1,311 Posts
As usual this site blocks stuff! Les-bi-an Gay Bi-sexual. Hope this clears things up
It never does - I'm sure you can type lesbian and it not be blanked out.

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Forgive my ignorance and no offence intended but how how is gay, lesbian or bisexual diving diferent from heterosexual diving? Does sexual orientation matter underwater? I know GLUG exists but I assumed that was more of a social thing.

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
I don't think I have ever seen YD blank anything out. Even the F word, The C word, and the B word.
:D
No, but a firewall might!

·
Scallop serial killer
1,311 Posts
Forgive my ignorance and no offence intended but how how is gay, lesbian or bisexual diving diferent from heterosexual diving? Does sexual orientation matter underwater? I know GLUG exists but I assumed that was more of a social thing.
I think - before this turns into a big witch hunt - that it is quite nice to happen across other gay divers though. A bit like when you're in the middle of a foreigh country it's nice to spot UK number plates if you see what I mean. It's no different to straight divers, but sometimes it's nice to have friends of the same orientation you can go diving with so that you can go on big trips with your partner and not have the worry of it not being acceptable. But granted, it's just as nice to go with a club of completely mixed people so long as everyone is allowed to be who they are. I guess that's what he's thinking about.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts