YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I like my login so much I put my name on it...
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LIDL's are doing cheap diving gear again, although not as much range as previously. The LED torches have had an upgrade though :redface:

Lidl Online

·
You dir'ty ole' man!!!!!
2,437 Posts
LIDL's are doing cheap diving gear again, although not as much range as previously. The LED torches have had an upgrade though :redface:

Lidl Online
I bought one of their torches last time round, supposedly 30m depth on it and it flooded on a 16m dive. :angry:

However, I was given a replacement, but haven't used it yet, in case it does the same again! It's a bad design as you have to unscrew it to turn it on, not as good as a mini q40!

Still, you gets what you pays for eh. :teeth:

·
You dir'ty ole' man!!!!!
2,437 Posts
I woulde'nt buy baked beans in Lidl, it's a supermarket for pikey's QUOTE]

I disagree their food stuff is very good value, but the store is the same as Aldi and Netto, no frills, just cheap gear and very good on some lines. However, you can't beat M&S for ready meals though.

Graham

·
I like my login so much I put my name on it...
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought one of their torches last time round, supposedly 30m depth on it and it flooded on a 16m dive. :angry:

However, I was given a replacement, but haven't used it yet, in case it does the same again! It's a bad design as you have to unscrew it to turn it on, not as good as a mini q40!

Still, you gets what you pays for eh. :teeth:
Managed to get one to do 65m with out any problems, and IIRC peeps on here have taken them deeper still :) It's like the beaver strobes, loads of people have them flood, mine has been going strong for the last couple of years without any trouble. Guess I'm just lucky :)

Living in the wonderful area of Cardiff that I do, and being a stone's throw away from a LIDL's I can confirm that it is indeed full of pikeys :frown:

·
Mark Milburn
4,076 Posts
One of their torches has been to 92m and still worked, unlike Mary's Salvo :D

The rest looks rubbish, maybe a DSMB for holidays.

Food is good, I like their roasted red peppers, tuna in olive oil, smoked bacon, sun dried tomatoes and salad herbs. Their underarm deodorant is also good and cheap.

The best thing they do is their potato salad, it is excellent.

I wouldn't buy their baked beans though.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Strangely they don't seem to have the pocketed weight belts this time. Good job I got one off eBay for pool use (plastic buckle, OK for light loads and won't chip the tiles :))

·
Registered
138 Posts
Managed to get one to do 65m with out any problems, and IIRC peeps on here have taken them deeper still :) It's like the beaver strobes, loads of people have them flood, mine has been going strong for the last couple of years without any trouble. Guess I'm just lucky :)

Living in the wonderful area of Cardiff that I do, and being a stone's throw away from a LIDL's I can confirm that it is indeed full of pikeys :frown:
I can confirm that too.

Sal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts