YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I noticed mention on another thread about Mark promoting a new business venture at LIDS this year.

Well I bumped into him at the weekend at Babbacombe and we had quite a chat,  anyway I am sworn to secrecy but if anyone is going to LIDS then seek him out.  Louise on the Divegirl stand should be able to direct you in the right area and I am sure that Mark will divulge more details closer to the time.

It all sounds very, very interesting and he mentioned the word freebies so do yourself a favour and go see him.

Daz

·
Registered
95 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Oi Daz, you went to Babbas at the weekend and didn't pop into Exmouth on the way back.....I am so angry and upset

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Diving doc @ Mar. 09 2004,16:48)]Oi Daz, you went to Babbas at the weekend and didn't pop into Exmouth on the way back.....I am so angry and upset
To be fair,  I went to Babbas on Saturday and left the house 2 hours before you PM'ed me to say who you were!.

I do draw the line at visiting every dive shop in Devon and asking "Do I know you",  they already think I am weird enough as it is.

So am I forgiven  

Where would you recommend diving around your area?

Daz

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Anyway I too have had several conversations with the man himself over the last couple of months and I too am sworn to secrecy. Believe me lots will be happening  

But take Daz's advice and go find Mark, it may well be worth your while  

·
Registered
95 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ Mar. 09 2004,16:53)]
So am I forgiven  

Where would you recommend diving around your area?

Daz
<font color='#728FCE'>I suppose you missed out on the best cup of tea in the south west so you are forgiven, but just this once!!!

The best dive as far as I am concerned is the Bretagne, i've done over 50 dives on her and still keep finding something new. She lies in about 28m of water and is still fairly intact. You can follow her railings all the way round!!

There is another wreck called the Galicia at about 18m that is pretty much just a scrapyard but is always good for life. Their are loads of pink sea fans on there which are quite rare.

for a shore dive, you cant beat the back of the pier. You can get up to 18m there and there are always freindly tompot blennies to feed! Must be done on high tide though..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi guy's,

Unfortunately we dont have a stand at LID's this year as we have been very busy concentrating on US show's over the past few month's.

However!! ...i will be attending both day's and will be armed with a veritable armoury of goodie's for YD member's.

There is much to tell. But for the moment, let's just say .....

..... a storm is coming!!

Check out the website! or for info and reservation's E-mail/PM me direct.

Regard's

mark  

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Mark who???  I have missed the thread you are referring to and how can I go and find him if I don't even know who I am looking for!?!  

Lou

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Darren A @ Mar. 11 2004,09:12)]Does this "official YD advertiser" tag mean YD has started taking money from advertisers?
Not yet - we are going to be starting some ventures soon. The tag is to show that Mark has sought and been given permission to advertise on YD and therefore should not be subjected to 'spamming' accusations. We are currently negotiating with some parties regarding advertising but it will not be on the board itself but on the rest of the site that I am developing at present.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lou @ Mar. 11 2004,12:17)]Mark who???  I have missed the thread you are referring to and how can I go and find him if I don't even know who I am looking for!?!  

Lou
<font color='#0000FF'>Lou,

more details of exactly what is going down will be posted near the time along with my contact number.

let's just say that..... it will be worth while for YD member's to hunt me down!

i will be in attendance both day's and happy to answer any question's you may have for me.

in the mean time...... check out our website!!

www.divebelize.com

for information and UK reservation's contact me by E-mail/Pm

regard's

mark

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>mark,
checked your website and can honestly say i'm none the wiser,i await with interest your storm and would welcome a hint.
cheers
barrie

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>there are a couple of us around who have been sworn to secrecy but as Jay says it gonna be big

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

It'd better be, after all the hype! Ambergris Caye is otherwise not known as one of the top places for diving in Belize. Serious divers go to Turneffe, St George's Caye or Lighthouse Reef, acording to what I've read in objective reports in Undercurrent etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi guy's

It is perfectly true that Belize has much more to offer than just Ambergris Caye.

However, should you wish to stay on Ambergris.... we are the only British owned and operated dive centre on the island.

Maddona stayed here and wrote.. "la isla bonita" how's that for starter's?

Q come's to us to buy 007's DPV unit's (never dream of dying by Raymond Benson)

And with fourteen year's of Belizean diving experience under our belt's, running everything from daily shuttle's to extended 3 night trip's to the bluehole and lighthouse reef......

failing that, ....how about the amazing Hol Chan marine reserve that's right on our doorstep.

we can even take you white water tubing through jungle river cavern system's.... or for the historian's, zoologist's and archaeologist's amongst you! .....how about a 20 mile jungle river trip with  lunch at the mayan ruin's at lamanai or altun hu

Situated right on the beach north of San Pedro town, at our luxurious villa (Playa Blanca)  we can cater for all need's for both diver's and their family's, and non diver's alike.

We have some very interesting and generous offer's in the pipeline for member's of YD, and all will be revealed on the weekend of the London International Dive show. ....so dont miss it!!

And dont forget......

look out for our ad in the may issue of DIVER

HTH

mark      

web:www.divebelize.com
E-mail [email protected]

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>He he he. I love this. We're not going to know until the show! Just had a word with Mark and this is going to be huge. He's not easily excited, and he's very excited about this.

And so am I!

I'm looking forward to LIDS a whole lot more now.
 Looks like it could be a veritable YD gig once again!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi guy's

sorry jay, must have forgot to mention it.

we are written up in the bond(007) book never dream of dying by Raymond Benson.

to cut a long story short... the author came out and stayed with us and was looking for a piece of DPV equipment to use for 007 for his latest assignment.

as it happened....we were the sole provider of the Hydrospeeder at the time.

i dont have my copy to hand, but it go's a little summat like......

"Q came out to Ambergris Caye to meet with Gaz Cooper of Dive Belize to aquire a Hydrospeeder DPV unit for 007's latest mission"

not word for word, but that's the jist of it.

Dig's ...ur bang on mate!! look forward to seeing you there.

i am already working on a deal for the biggest troop gig yet, fancy a spot of sunshine mate?

regard's

mark

www.divebelize.com

E-mail: [email protected]

1 - 20 of 92 Posts