YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some of you may know, this year has seen us move from the middle of England, to Cornwall. A blown out bank holiday weekend no longer costs us a couple of hundred quid, just makes us a bit narked off, and today's failure to get enough folk to get a boat to go out just meant either do a shore dive (but after the wind yesterday we though the viz may be poo) or go do this......

Of course, you can't see the wind on the photos, and it was still blowing well, but we did get to see a wreck - the remains of the Ben Asdale, as suggested by NeilP on Saturday.

Topped off by building sandcastles and some "beach art" :D - what a fine afternoon.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
yep! One of the reasons I left the NW.
Looks like Swanpool?
I'm down there a week on Friday for a week chill out - no diving, walking, visiting the gardens..

Now about the house warming...

Mid July??? If Fioga isn't jet setting off some where...

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep! One of the reasons I left the NW.
Looks like Swanpool?
I'm down there a week on Friday for a week chill out - no diving, walking, visiting the gardens..

Now about the house warming...

Mid July??? If Fioga isn't jet setting off some where...
Maenporth, so close!

Mid-July should be perfect for housewarming - but no unauthorised al fresco tiddling :D

I am a bitch - but it is great to be able to do that. Sorry! :embarassed:

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
agreed Lou glad you had a good day i took the kids to the beach for ice cream and rock pools :)

Graham

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
It was alright in a quarry :D

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice one Lou.

Maenporth beach looks pretty quiet for a BH.

Saturday: Went for a shore dive and found a couple of these:

Gonna tell me where? :D

I got a tip for a sea hare breeding site shore dive from an old guy today - we want to check that out next weekend. tried to get out with Shaun today but he couldn't get six to make it worth his while :(

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Gonna tell me where? :D

I got a tip for a sea hare breeding site shore dive from an old guy today - we want to check that out next weekend. tried to get out with Shaun today but he couldn't get six to make it worth his while :(
looks good. . . .its rained here all day and the coast (90mins away and not diveable) has had a severe weather warning . . . . . . . .

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.