*sniff*

no more life on mars :(

how am i going to cope - suppose top gear comes back later in the year :D

Henson

·
Diving is mostly wet but sooooo much fun
351 Posts
life on mars

:angel: what a mint finish to a great show about time the tv channels had the b's to finish something shame they can't do it to the likes of eastenders!!!! they just drag on and on boring!
Well done to the beeb now lets have some more good shows

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Can't wait for the spin off if it happens :)...but Hustle is back soon with another of the Glenisters in it. Class, something else to look forward to instead of reality TV and dancing contests :thumbsup:

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
it's going to be "ashes to ashes" set in the mid 80's

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
Guess I will have to wait for the boxed set on DVD to come out - I loved it when I was back home - shame I missed most of it :)

Ah, well, it will pass the odd evening eventually I s'pose ;)

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Watched it tonight on BBC4 thinking it was the last episode and clock watching thinking they have 5 mins to end this and we are nowhere near an ending scenario and then it says 'Last part tomorrow night' :doh:

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
BBC said:
The new character will be a modern woman who has risen through the ranks of the Metropolitan Police by using psychological profiling to capture suspects, producers said.

But when she and her daughter are kidnapped, she is injured in a rescue attempt - and finds herself in 1981.

Jane Featherstone, executive producer for TV production company Kudos, said the search was on for DCI Hunt's new "sexy sidekick".
Eugh - the "sequel" sounds a bit weak. :(

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Well I just watched the last two episodes this evening as I have been away for the last week in Berlin (cheap beer, woohoo!!! :D), and my what a great ending to the final episode. Just like the series ender last year, I was on the edge of my seat talking to the characters again. What a climax, and I liked the way he dictated the opposite to the opening "My name is Sam Tyler" credits bit...

Well worth the wait for this series, will get it on DVD again when it comes out later in the year.

·
It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting..
4,745 Posts
Missed the first series, but got hooked on the second... I'll give the spin off a go, but only to see if Gene Hunt is still quality viewing, or if he's had his feathers clipped by political correctness, although I from what I remember, it was still in it's infancy in the early '80's, certainly before the miners strike...

Pete

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
Just read the description of Ashes to Ashes. Why can't the Beeb, or the other chanels, accept when a good idea has run it's course and move on? If they ever look at how much money the make from the repeats of Fawlty Towers they will realise they could be better of stopping while they are ahead and that quality coupled with originality has a use by date.

Pete

·
Wrecking the Plan
569 Posts
Ending wasn't a let down......

Thought the ending wasn't the normal 'is that it ?' and definitely came at it 'from outside the box' ,,,,,,,,,,talking of which must get the box set .........out takes must be a gem!!!
db

1 - 20 of 41 Posts