YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I see Red people
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out last weekend on a boat i dont usually go with,it was full to the brim and it was my buddies first time out this season so i said we'd kit up last to let him relax a bit
When everyone was gone we kitted up but one of my gloves was missing so i did the dive without one glove hoping the glove would turn up when everyone surfaced. It didnt and i asked everyone but everyone said it had gone missing,i was tempted to say it didnt go missing on its own but i let it go and bought myself a new pair
We were out yesterday and did one dive from shore on a wreck ,it all went well and we surfaced however one of the group left his weight belt with shot pouches on the slip.
Now this is a remote site and we packed up the cars and went off to get a cuppa before the next dive
When we came back there was a few divers there from one of the local dive shops ,they were running a course,it was only then that one of my party realised about his weight belt so he went down to look but it was gone so i told him to ask the other lads from the dive shop if anyone had picked it up, they said yeah and gave it back to him with half the weight gone
He was happy enough to get the belt and half the weight back but i dont think thats good enough
It just gets to me that people are robbing others in broad daylight and noone says anything about it because 'it must have gone missing somehow'
GRRRRRRR

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
Police are now looking for a one-armed bandit :D

there safe then because unless they are caught on a speed camera they couldnt find there ass with both hands :D

Graham

·
Registered
759 Posts
I dropped my weight belt during a surface swim at stoney on my AOW course, the DM descended immediately but it was gone! (so had to buy my self a shot harness, a blessing in disguise I suppose.)

·
I'm back.
543 Posts
This is one of those things that pissed me off back home, and continually amazes me over here.

At the local 'busy' site, where all the schools do their training, there's a big box in the car park. When people find things lying around, dropped, lost, like weight belts, masks etc, they drop them in the box for the owner to retrieve.

I remember a mask with a small torch attached was in there for about two weeks! Nobody nicked it, they left it for the owner. Marvelous.

Si

·
WHOO HOO...look free mask and smorkel thingy.....
1,647 Posts
I was out last weekend on a boat i dont usually go with,it was full to the brim and it was my buddies first time out this season so i said we'd kit up last to let him relax a bit
When everyone was gone we kitted up but one of my gloves was missing so i did the dive without one glove hoping the glove would turn up when everyone surfaced. It didnt and i asked everyone but everyone said it had gone missing,i was tempted to say it didnt go missing on its own but i let it go and bought myself a new pair
We were out yesterday and did one dive from shore on a wreck ,it all went well and we surfaced however one of the group left his weight belt with shot pouches on the slip.
Now this is a remote site and we packed up the cars and went off to get a cuppa before the next dive
When we came back there was a few divers there from one of the local dive shops ,they were running a course,it was only then that one of my party realised about his weight belt so he went down to look but it was gone so i told him to ask the other lads from the dive shop if anyone had picked it up, they said yeah and gave it back to him with half the weight gone
He was happy enough to get the belt and half the weight back but i dont think thats good enough
It just gets to me that people are robbing others in broad daylight and noone says anything about it because 'it must have gone missing somehow'
GRRRRRRR
sorry to hear that dave where was it up north ?
i get em back for you ...if i dont yack up into my reg first.
feckin backstards.

·
Registered
578 Posts
i dropped a mask at one of the local sites in sharm, it was gone before it hit the bottom :embarassed: it was only a cheap crappy one though

·
I see Red people
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was on the alastair there were five of us there
It didnt ruin the dive cos i had extra weight cos i had the twins but it nearly could have and then i would have been really pissed off
I wouldnt mind but when i came home i looked up the shop on the net and the website doesnt say anything about robbing stuff off the pier :angel:

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Thank you. Thank you everybody. Glad you liked the show...

We do, we do :D

Safe diving,
Steve

P.S. Balbrigganbloke, the diving community is made up of all walks of life so it's hardly surprising there are some light fingered folk in there :frown:

Reactions: Buoyant Babe

·
Go Big or Go Home
1,865 Posts
when i did my OW at capers i left my brand new fins at the waters edge on the saturday.A fortnight later they turned up in york and thanks to a post on ere the finder foned me and we were reunited

·
Registered
111 Posts
when i did my OW at capers i left my brand new fins at the waters edge on the saturday.A fortnight later they turned up in york and thanks to a post on ere the finder foned me and we were reunited
yeah that was lucky even if you ended up with an odd pair so you now swim in circles:D

·
I see Red people
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We do, we do :D

Safe diving,
Steve

P.S. Balbrigganbloke, the diving community is made up of all walks of life so it's hardly surprising there are some light fingered folk in there :frown:
Ah yeah i accept that from people but from a dive shop??

·
Registered
2,824 Posts

You know exactly where his weight is! I can guarantee one of the students was light so the instructor 'found' some weight to put in a pocket.
Maybe waiting until the lesson finished would have found the rest of the lead.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts