YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rats I fell for it. I work as a beancounter contractor and into month 6 of 6 month contract. Now I have been working very hard(a novelty in my case :)) and we have achieved a great deal. Primarily because it was inferred I would be made Finance Director and offered a permanent role.

As of yesterday that will not happen. Very pleased with the work but I am a little expensive. Basically after setting up new systems I will be replaced by someone on about a third of what I charge. However the MD wants me to stay until the end of June or possible later depending on recruiting the cheapie accountant. End of June is pants for me to find a new interim role-most people go on holiday for July/August. I am also due a bonus at the end of the month (worth about a months pay).

So
Stay until June, collect the bonus and hope for the best?
Depart at the end of April, risk losing the bonus, and possibly late payment of the latest invoice?
Insist on staying until the end of August?

Creative solutions appreciated

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Little rant!

l thought it said Little runt, which l thought was appropriate being one of your threads :D

Can't help with the question of when to leave though. :frown:

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
FD salary (even a very inexperienced one) = £50k PA, and you say you've been charging 3 times this for 6 months - can't say i feel particularly sorry for you!! :teeth:

M advice would be to move on to the next interim role, and carry on coining it in. I have an aquaintance who uses a firm called Robert Half Robert Half International - United Kingdom , and he's on £750 a day - might be worth a call to them - good luck. I'll be giving them a call myself when I've finished my current project!

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
just a thought mate but what about going back and saying if you have to stay on the minimum contract after the 6 month which you have completed is 3 months or you have to go

they'll sign :)

Graham

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fd

FD salary (even a very inexperienced one) = £50k PA, and you say you've been charging 3 times this for 6 months - can't say i feel particularly sorry for you!! :teeth:
Not quite, I charge more than £50k ;) but for simplicity the replacement will earn £20k ish. £150k is a tad more than I could charge.

just a thought mate but what about going back and saying if you have to stay on the minimum contract after the 6 month which you have completed is 3 months or you have to go

they'll sign :)
Yes I floated a similar idea this morning and my assistant nearly fell off her chair. I want an amicable solution ,I am not a ripoff merchant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts