YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Does anyone know anything about Littlehampton?  Looks like I'm booked ona  trip there for next weekend (16/17 Aug) but just wondered if anyone has been there and what they can tell me about it?

Cheers,
Lesley

·
Registered
964 Posts
Imported post

Littlehampton is a pretty easy drive from London - I'm based here too.

Didn't see too much of the place itself but seems fine.  There are quite a few wrecks close by.

My club (69 Diving) usually uses the Voyager/DS9 which are nice boats.
They're running a trip to the Moldavia on the 17th - 45 to 50m dive that one apparently.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Nice, pleasant quiet place.  Couple of decent caffs  close to the moorings that always seem to be open for obligatory bacon sarnies etc (hope you're not a veggie, you'll starve)when a crowd of idiot divers turn up at EEEEK O'clock ready for the morning slack dive. As John says, easy to get to from London. The boats & skippers are good and the parking's gratis & plentiful.  Which boat are you diving off & what are you diving on?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rob Evans @ Aug. 08 2003,00:27)]Which boat are you diving off & what are you diving on?
Not sure with who or which sites yet, but there are five dives including a couple of wrecks - I'll check the sheet and let you know...  Should be nice, apart form the 5am start....

·
Registered
224 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>dived little h for the last 4 years, and just had to cancill this year
 due to work commitments

it all depends on the depth of your dive

moldavia 5om  fantastic dive
quail 40ish mudy but intact
bazle 40ish loads of brass/armaments
duke of bucklee 58ish my best dive to date (apart fron the nark lol)

loads of pubs/restar
indian/chineed/clubs

everything you could want

hope you have a good dive, and le us know how you go on

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Aaargh!  Am having B&B crisis - does anyone know any ones in Littlehampton that I can try (apparently there's a big cricket match on or something and so they're all really busy...
)

Cheers.

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

Lesley,

I don't know any personally but this site might help (if you haven't looked at it already).

http://www.s-h-systems.co.uk/

There are also a few Travel Inn type places in the area, on the Worthing-Chichester road (e.g. Arundel, which isn't a million miles away).

Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
453 Posts
Imported post

You could maybe try the the Arun View Inn - very convenient pub for the marina (although can be a little noisy) Tel. 01903 722335.
I''ll be there next week for one of Jack's deep wreck trips - looking forward to the Duke (although with a little trepidation!)
HTH

Robert

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Robert @ Aug. 14 2003,09:17)]You could maybe try the the Arun View Inn - very convenient pub for the marina (although can be a little noisy) Tel. 01903 722335.
I''ll be there next week for one of Jack's deep wreck trips - looking forward to the Duke (although with a little trepidation!)
HTH

Robert
Thanks Robert - that's exactly where we're booked into on the Saturday night but they're full for the Friday.  Really can't face early Sat start before all the diving!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

Hooray!!  Finally found a room for Friday night so am all set for my first experience of UK sea diving!!!  Very, very excited!!!

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Lesley - it'll all start to make sense soon, you'll love it

Robert - the vis on the Duke at the mo is superb - better than anything I've done in the UK so far, with the exception of... the Moldavia. You'll have a ball mate.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Imported post

Thanks for that Rob - really looking forward to this trip. Last year we could only do the Moldavia and the Basil in the three days 'cos of the weather, and my buddy and I were on air.

This year we're hoping for Tuesday - Moldavia, Wednesday - Duke, Thursday - something else, and we're using trimix - Hurrah!

Let's just hope the weather holds out (and we find a porthole or some crockery!)

Robert

1 - 13 of 13 Posts