YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#FF00FF'>Planning summer dive trip. Fancied a liveaboard. Looking at the Cyclone with Tony Blackhurst Red Sea Northern Itinery from Sharm. Kids are 14 (will be junior rescue by then) and 12 (PADI Junior OW but doing her dry suit course in june). Thinking about Bethi doing her advanced out there so she would then be able to go to 21m if she wished to, currently as Junior OW it's 12m. They said that ther are two instructors on the boat so they can do that. Also they said there are two other people of 15 and 17 doing their OW so she wont be the least experienced even if she is the youngest.

Anyone taken kids on a liveaboard or been on this boat or been with Tony Blackhurst? Wisdom wlecome!

Its expensive but when you bear in mind full board, all diving paid for, soft drinks etc i can nearly justify it....

jules

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Julia

I have been with TB three times now, twice on my own and once there were 6 of us from my club.  Didn't have any problems except on the southern trip, but only due to confusion over marine park fees, this was sorted out.  Now everything is included in the price so you know where you are.  Haven't been on Cyclone so can't say what the boat is like, but at least all the divers will be english speaking as he only promotes in the UK.  I would only go for a liveaboard as in my opinion it does work out cheaper in the end, even if at first they seem expensive.  

Bear in mind that if there are only 3 of you going someone will have to share cabin.

Hope this helps if you need more you can always ring me.

Fiona

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#FF00FF'>Fiona
I dont think I have your number, drop me it on a PM
jules

1 - 3 of 3 Posts