YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13,342 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Poor Guy,

After reading earlier on this year about a liveaboard which caught fire in the Maldives I have become much more aware of what could happen.

When I went on holiday in August I kept all my documents / money on an Aquasac, just in case.  Call me paraniod but you never know.

Best wishes to Col M and hope his kit is insured.  

Fiona

· Registered
13,342 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Col.Maniac @ Oct. 13 2003,10:57)]Just to put a twist to the story, the chap who went for a pee always smokes pot before he goes to bed, hes always done this because he cant sleep. This particular night his pot stash got blowen over-board and he lost it all this event preventing him from sleeping in the night in question.
<font color='#0000FF'>Firstly, glad you are all OK.  Must have been very frightening for all of you.

Secondly why, have I never thought of this method of getting to sleep on holiday, I usually spend the whole time awake and pissed off.  I have even thought of those herbal sleeping tablets.  

Anyone know what effect this might have my diving  

Col, I haven't heard of Wildcat which operator was it booked through.

Fiona

· Registered
13,342 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Thanks for that Tom, yes I wasn't actually being serious, besides I wouldn't even know how to get hold of it.

I can bearly take a couple of glasses of wine these days

Cheers, now where did I put the gin  

Fiona

· Registered
13,342 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Just looked at their website, looks sorry looked a nice boat this was interesting

"The WILDCAT International cuisine has gained fame, not only in the Red Sea but world wide."

It's not only their cuisine which is famous now

FB

· Registered
13,342 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Col.Maniac @ Oct. 13 2003,16:11)][whats intresting about it is the site says the boat`s only 4 years old,  but i heard from unoficial channels this boat is more like 20 years old and it had sank before.
Tony
Yes, that confused me a bit, I don't know much about engines etc, but they say the boat was built in 1999 and it has 2 New marine engines and 2 New compressors etc.  Isn't that what you would expect on a new boat.  

AndyP  - can you check that Blue Pearl has NEW engines
for our trip.

Fiona

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.