YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· PSAI Instructor Trainer
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

5th of Jan.. and I'm going for my red sea week yippeee! and have YD company too! so after this preamble the question or questions are any body got some good hints and tips about life and diving on liveaboards, The advice to Ben re-flying and travel was really useful and I'm sure theres handy hints to make the diving more organised etc, and secondly anyone know anything about the Ghazala voyager or Tony Blackhursts liveaboards???
I'd appreciate any advice

Ian

· A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,284 Posts
Imported post

Did Red Livaboard sea last Jan hope this helps:

Take spairs for all the bits that break coz they will break
If you have a rechargable torch try and take a spare batery as recharging on the boat is a bit limited.
Take medical supplies plasters anticeptic etc and include some rehydration sachets of electrolites.
Take your own coffie (if you drink coffie)
Take a pair of slip on shoes as they dont allow foot wear in the main internal areas so you have to leave them by the door.
Take your own pony bottle they usualy only have a couple for hire
Dont bother with a reel but take an SMB as a surface marker
with a length of string to send it up from 9m if there is boat trafic.

If I think of any thing else I will let you know

Have a great time

Mark Chase

· Registered
12,115 Posts
Imported post

You're allowed to buy Duty Free upto 24 hours after arriving in resort (take your ticket and your passport as proof of time and date of arrival).

Squad-up on sherry and the job's a good-un.

Oh yeah, and the diving, I'm sure that'll be great too...;)

· Registered
281 Posts
Imported post

1.  Quick drying towel from all good camp stores
2.  Wet wipes
3.  spiritous liquors (there will prob be beer on boat, check with tour co)
4.  If you can get to a pharmacy in Egypt before you board purchase Antinal tabs - antibiotics of which you will be very glad if you get Pharaoh's revenge (immodium isn't always effective and you can't keep taking it). If you will not be getting to a pharmacy then either beg your doc to prescribe you something or get lactobacillus tablets which work well for me.
5.  You will have to wash your ass with your hand after you take a s***. Get over it. And eat with your right hand!! :biggrin:
(Having said that someone's now going to tell me all of Tony Backhurst's boats have sealed effluent tanks and copious supplies of Andrex)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.