1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Very Senior Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all,
A few mates and I have foolishly  
 decided to do a Livaboard in March. No problem - sounds great - well it did until they twisted my arm and insisted we try to get enough people for the whole boat  
 "More Fun" they said Ha Ha - more like they want some control (through numbers) of the itinerary.  So Muggins here gets the job of organising it all - they seem to think that seeing that I run a charter boat here in the UK, I know what I'm doing  
 Thats a Joke - i'm still trying to work out the slack times for the Red Sea ............

So

I have provisionally booked 10 spaces for a 7 night Livaboard leaving on March 12th 2004. The Trip will be on Excel . Excel is possibly the best livaboard currently operating in the Red Sea. The itinerary is currently "Deep South" to an area called "St Johns" which has a few wrecks and is more famous for the marine life and reefs including many opportunities to dive with hammerheads. If enough people are interested but would prefer an itinerary with more wrecks then there is a possibility of doing this.

If your up for this then act quickly! Price is £850 and full payment is as usual required 10 weeks prior to departure (which means now) Price does not include insurance, UK transfers, Visa requirements, Alcohol, Nitrox but does include just about everything else.

Don't forget that rebreather divers are fully catered for Excel carries inspiration cylinders and a limited supply of Lime.

Closing date for me to confirm all this is Friday 9th Jan 2004

Just to be clear - its not a commercial trip, all cheques get made out to the tour operator etc.

Regards

David

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Three friends and I did the "Deep south" trip on the Excel in June. The boat and crew are first class. I presume you will do the same itinerary, i.e. Elphinstone Reef, Daedalus Reef, Rocky island/Zabargad, St John's Reef and Fury Shoal. If so, you are in for a treat. The reefs are gorgeous and you should see lots of sharks and pelargics. We also dived with dolphins and even saw a dugong (a very rare sight in the Red Sea these days). We didn't dive any wrecks worth the name, though. We chose not to use nitrox as it was a bit expensive and we thought it a better investment to rent 15 litre steel tanks and dive on air. Some of the sites (e.g. the famous plateau at the north end of Elphinstone, where the sharks and big pelargics are) are quite deep and also have strong currents, so you really need the extra air if you want to spend more than a few minutes on the site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts