YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
13.05.2012 QPRmageddon Day
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can t remember if I ve done a trip report before so I thought that a day at Crappers would warrant a good start.
After being blown out at the coast , my good buddy markymark(closet city fan) and I decided a trip to Capers was a good 2nd choice(albeit we didn t actually have a 3rd)

I was contacted by 2 other YDers , Yazzyfooty, a Southerner with a iNorthern identity crisis(read Nurse Ratchett) and Ali who is actually a bloke,from Leeds and we all arranged to meet early doors.

Sunday ..daft o clock and the posse gathers, pleasantries exchanged and other peoples kit enviously eyed.Dive wagons were parked at various points of the car park and we all arrived back at Yazzys toy French Car for the first dive.

Now at this point Ali comes up with something called a "dive plan" and proceeds to point out all the attractions on offer on his tour.Myself and Mark being veterans of perhaps 4 or 5 trips to Capernwray are astonished whereas Yazzy gives Ali the knowing look and looks like she knows what to expect.

Well blow me (not literally, obviously) as 2 dives later I haven t seen more in Capernwray in 1 day as I have ever seen before...........and more!!
Boats , heli chopters, planes , and a bike(don t tell Sparky 750 ffs) were all on offer as Mr TomTom 500 of the underwater world took us on a guided tour , all that was missing was the audio in 6 languages.

Seriously , a great day with great people (except markymark who is an absolute tw*t...............I mean great builder type bloke:) )

So to cap it all ....Ali ...fantastic mate and good luck with Wilmhurst
Yazzy.... as always xxxx
Mark.......f........off:teeth:

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
sounds like u had a good day lee!!!

and yes yazz has done capers a few times so i suspect you was all in good hands ! best wishes leigh :teeth:

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
sounds like u had a good day lee!!!

and yes yazz has done capers a few times so i suspect you was all in good hands ! best wishes leigh :teeth:
There speak the daddy of all sat navs - the TOm Tom 910! :teeth:

Owt new at the sites? :embarassed:

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
hey ali u gunna have to show me them air rings on the 6 metre if we ever get a dive up there ! ps hows the dr wimhurst saga coming along !

best wishes leigh :teeth:

·
2 plugs Parker
745 Posts
Judgement Day!

2nd August is Judgement day. Well that's my next date with PW, all been well bubble free! touch wood!
On the air ring front, once you've seen a perfict one blown you just have to master it for you self :)
I'm now working on getting one to pass through the other ;)

Ali

·
13.05.2012 QPRmageddon Day
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What no mention of the air rings.
The one that surface from 5m was a belter ;)

Cheers,

Ali
Actually Ali,
very impressive:teeth: like big smoke rings without the fallout
Cheers again

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
ive not seen him do them lee but when i was talking to him last time up their, he was saying he did a wicked air ring lol!!!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I was there today as well, assisting with an open water course.

I'm surprised you managed to see anything though. The viz was so bad on the second dive I could barely see my fins :(

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
Great trip report Lee, I shall excuse the rude comment about my choice of vehicle.
My turn now, I thought I had seen all there is to see at Capers, but the boat called something like Calamity?? was a new attraction for me. Ali yes you are great at blowing rings ;) and i heard that your deploying of the blob was also one of the best that Lee had seen(quote).
Great meeting new faces and even the old one :) and 2 very enjoyable dives.

I hope the diver that was choppered out is not to seriously hurt and is back to diving soon.

Shame I cant say the same about my later dive over in Horwich, far too many leeches for my liking and millions of little things, water fleas? One dive for 25 minutes was enough. But I did collect one golf ball.

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
and a bike(don t tell Sparky 750 ffs)
Oi bloody mancs i'm surprised you haven't gone back up for the bike tonight:teeth:

Crap pic but this is divebuddha on said bike:teeth:

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
finaly the camera went in for proccessing
i would have got it to move but the chain was a little rusty lol!!! :teeth:

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
finaly the camera went in for proccessing
i would have got it to move but the chain was a little rusty lol!!! :teeth:
You buoyancy must have been pretty good that day because the frame didn't bend:cat: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

·
Open Wide
2,417 Posts
Great trip report Lee, I shall excuse the rude comment about my choice of vehicle.
My turn now, I thought I had seen all there is to see at Capers, but the boat called something like Calamity?? was a new attraction for me. Ali yes you are great at blowing rings ;) and i heard that your deploying of the blob was also one of the best that Lee had seen(quote).
Great meeting new faces and even the old one :) and 2 very enjoyable dives.

I hope the diver that was choppered out is not to seriously hurt and is back to diving soon.

Shame I cant say the same about my later dive over in Horwich, far too many leeches for my liking and millions of little things, water fleas? One dive for 25 minutes was enough. But I did collect one golf ball.
You can dive in Horwich? wherabouts? Belmont resorvoir?

·
Open Wide
2,417 Posts
Our club has permission to dive High Rid Reservoir which is used as an overflow to the main one. The youth service uses it the most for water sports with the young chavs from Horwich.
Many memories from the past up there:embarassed::girl::car:

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
You buoyancy must have been pretty good that day because the frame didn't bend:cat: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:
oi young man i will have you know that my bouyancy is always good lol!!! i must admit its the race bike i had seen in ages so definatly needed a go ! :teeth: just so happens u had a camera to take a pic lol! best wishes leigh

1 - 18 of 18 Posts