YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning a trip up to dive some shore spots round Loch Fyne, Loch Long area and was wondering if anyone has any advice about where me and my buddy can stay eat etc over a weekend. Also if anyone has any suggestions on decent dive spots around the area it'd be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that link Hickdive, really useful for dive sites. Anyone got any recommendations on somewhere to stay that doesn't mind divers? Thinking b&b somewhere but dont know where etc.

·
North Of The Border
909 Posts
Might be an idea to base yourself in Inveraray for fills. I'd reccommend Anchor Point & Gortein Point on Loch Fyne, Caves & A-Frames on Loch Long.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Cheers for that link Hickdive, really useful for dive sites. Anyone got any recommendations on somewhere to stay that doesn't mind divers? Thinking b&b somewhere but dont know where etc.
Unfortunately, living only an hour or so's drive away from many of these sites means I don't usually have to use B&Bs to dive there; so I can't really help you with that bit.

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
The Argyll in Inveraray does cheap deals sometimes, it's a bit crap otherwise though (bar is OK). I think the Cairndow Inn is about 30 quid a night, I've never stayed but I've visited the bar on occasion.

I usually just camp even in winter, the south shore of Loch Fyne is good for wild camping though you need to get there early to get the best sites and avoid the Weegie ned fishermen. The sawmill in Strachur is good for firewood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts