YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Imported post

Anyone wanting info on Scottish sites (especially west coast, Loch Fyne, Loch Long etc) can post on our club forum.

http://diverzone.proboards12.com

The forums in its early days but the numbers are slowly growing.
Any info on locations of sites etc can be got at, just drop us a line.

Good sites on Loch Fyne........Kenmore Point, Stallion Rock, St Catherines (not bad), Tripple Reef, Anchor Point.

Crap Sites on Loch Fyne.......Breakwater at Furnace Tearooms, Inverary, Cairndow (pronounced Cairndoo).

Well that me got the plug in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bren Tierney @ May 13 2003,20:22)]For all you 'sassenach bastards' (politely meant) - including myself - who've never dived her. Have a wee swatch at this link from D-net.

http://www.divernet.com/travel/supp100/scotland.htm
Have had a great time at Loch Fynne, for the last two years, if anyone is going there, I would be more than happy to give you the low down re GPS, accom, bars etc!!
I am at [email protected]

·
He that is called 'Dundee', from the clan 'Dundee'
1,286 Posts
Imported post

If anybody is heading to Loch Fyne for diving, its worth knowing that the Argyle Caravan site has a large camping area as well as some static caravnas for hire (book well in advance) The camp site also has a slipway and compressor, a bar (beware of karioke!) and is walking distance from Inveraray.

Also, for Sassenachs heading home via Loch Long, you can pop in and say hello to Colin the Conger and his mates at Conger Alley, at the head of Loch Long before you get into Arrochar.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Bugger!!! I've just booked a carvana as well.
If anyone wants to know about Loch Fyne you could just, err, ask me. I'm sick of the sight of the bloody place. Ho-hum, I suppose it's still a damn sight better than the hallowed Stoney.

Peter

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Peter
"I suppose it's still a damn sight better than the hallowed Stoney".

It's the Sea isn't it? Its got to be better than Stoney?

The underwater Blackpool!!!!!  
Isn't a cavarna one of those Mexican pubs?
???

Dived the Loch a few times, enjoyed a dip off Barmore Island, a bit of a strenous shore dive, good fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts