YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the chaps at the club is organising a trip to Lochaline for next year. I mentioned this to the Mrs Cat and the Young Tom who are now interested in coming too.
Unfortunately the club has block booked the Lochaline Hotel and so we need family accomodation. I've had a look around and don't think that the Old Post Office or the Bunkhouse are very appropriate (being as they're full of sweaty arsed divers going on and on about diving ;)) as we're looking for family accomodation.
Does anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
you'll be fine in the old post office mate, it's nice. lochaline is a bit sparse, there aint any travelodges:teeth:

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Here you go:

Rental Cottage
Lochaline self catering holiday home, Morvern peninsula

Scottish Highlands & Islands Holiday cottages bungalow - Comfortable semi bungalow, beautiful views

same place different website (alternative view I suppose)

Caravan
About Lochaline in Morvern West Scotland :: Things to see & do in Scottish Highlands including Horse & Trap Driving both mountain bike and canoe hire Sea Fishing and Fly Fishing for salmon & trout

another cottage on the way to Lochaline. Better if the family want to head off to Fort William for the day.

Generic Tourist Info site.
Lochaline Tourist Information on AboutBritain.com

West Coast Scotland self catering rental Lochhead Cottage

Achleanan Farmhouse, Near Lochaline, Argyll, Scotland

These should keep you going. I just searched for Cottage Lochaline selfcatering in google.

You could try putting the name of the village on the Isle of Mull Bailemeonarch in for places on the Ilse of Mull, then catch the ferry every morning as a foot passenger?

ATB

Dave C

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
If you do rent a cottage then be careful where you go if you're diving out of Lochaline. The roads are slow going inland, places like Strontian are nice but it makes the journey to Lochaline a fair old trek every day. Lovely part of the world. And make sure you look at the location on a map as addresses in the Highlands can be, er, generous. A village name in the location doesn't necessarily mean the place is in that village, quite often being within a few miles of it is enough.

Cheers,

Stuart

·
You dir'ty ole' man!!!!!
2,437 Posts
You're better off not being in the Lochaline hotel as the couple who run it are a pair of miserable sods!!!

We were on a gig there in March for 3/4 days and they refused to let us eat there on the Sunday evening. I mean, tell me where they would ever get 20/25 people eating and drinking as a group, spending £20/£30 each at that time of the year!

Find a better b&b and enjoy the diving!

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
You're better off not being in the Lochaline hotel as the couple who run it are a pair of miserable sods!!!

We were on a gig there in March for 3/4 days and they refused to let us eat there on the Sunday evening. I mean, tell me where they would ever get 20/25 people eating and drinking as a group, spending £20/£30 each at that time of the year!
I should think that unless you told them that 20/25 people were coming they didn't have the provisions in. We told them we were coming, booked the restaurant bit at the back and it was great.

Mind you I agree the landlord is a miserable bastard. The only wat we could get him to smile was by 22 of us standing up and doing the "shark attack" song complete with actions.

·
You dir'ty ole' man!!!!!
2,437 Posts
I should think that unless you told them that 20/25 people were coming they didn't have the provisions in. We told them we were coming, booked the restaurant bit at the back and it was great.

Mind you I agree the landlord is a miserable bastard. The only wat we could get him to smile was by 22 of us standing up and doing the "shark attack" song complete with actions.
Strangely enough they'd been advised from the Thursday evening by John Mitchell who was on the trip and they never said anything then. Just changed their mind I guess and turned away a few hundred £'s. Their loss!! :teeth:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts