YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

After speaking to Custom Divers, and they very kindly faxed me a diagram of how the CD twinning bands are mounted (I had too many bolts and washers with the second hand set I have just bought, and wasn't 100% sure of what went where), and checking with AP Valves that the ABS backplate can take the strain (and drilling holes doesn't invalidate my warranty) I'm ready to go ahead with the fixing part. Just one (or maybe two) small questions:
The diagram I have shows a Nyloc bolt on the end of the stud where it emerges from the bands to the outside world, but I received oth these bolts and wingnuts - which are the best/safest to use? I'm going to have to drill a couple of holes in the ABS backplate (obviously) - any sugestions/points to note here please anyone?
Cheers, and dive safe
Martin

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

If you really want to have your wing permanently attached to your cylinders, use Nylocs.

If you want to be able to take your cylinders for filling without having half your kit attached, use wings

·
Registered
130 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from MartinS on 12:00 pm on Feb. 21, 2003
After speaking to Custom Divers, and they very kindly faxed me a diagram of how the CD twinning bands are mounted (I had too many bolts and washers with the second hand set I have just bought, and wasn't 100% sure of what went where), and checking with AP Valves that the ABS backplate can take the strain (and drilling holes doesn't invalidate my warranty) I'm ready to go ahead with the fixing part. Just one (or maybe two) small questions:
The diagram I have shows a Nyloc bolt on the end of the stud where it emerges from the bands to the outside world, but I received oth these bolts and wingnuts - which are the best/safest to use? I'm going to have to drill a couple of holes in the ABS backplate (obviously) - any sugestions/points to note here please anyone?
Cheers, and dive safe
Martin
<span =''>

I'd do it like this....

http://www.cisatlantic.com/trimix/doubles/doubles.htm

As long as you haven't got a CD backplate then this works fine.

Regards, Ian.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Bloody #### Ian !!

A bit vague there aren't you old son?? ;)

Seruously mate, that was a top-drawer tutorial from the ground up! Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts