YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I'm a newly qualified BSAC Club Diver, Do any of you divers out there have any interesting Personal Log Book designs/templates that you have on your home computer that I could use/adapt. The BSAC log book is pretty boring, and I get fed up with logging dives using pen and paper, I tried to design my own in excel, but I'm not that hot with computers and soon gave up. Please help!

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Chris,

If at some stage you are looking to buy a dive computer why not consider one which has some download software.  I have the Aladdin Pro, the memo mouse is as with all these things extra but it does also give you your dive profile, which can be interesting in itself sometimes.  Then you can just enter the details onto the page.

Fiona

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Imported post

Are you using the BSAC new format (no more than a table - and yes pretty boring) or the old format? This one has a double page per dive, 47 dives per book and space for, as well as usual depth / time details, a diagram of dive profile, equipment details and a full side for dive details. Both are available from BSAC mailshop (www.bsac.org).

I used the BSAC ones for 4 books full of dives, and now use the EJay marnine loose leaf log available from most dive shops I assume, but I know divers warehouse have them (01274 727252) - www.diverswarehouse.co.uk

HTH

Paul

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

I used the old-style BSAC log book, and then discovered AquaDiveLog, which runs on the Palm, but can also be converted to HTML files for PC viewing. Plus, you can edit the template so it displays any way you like.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

I'm using the old format BSAC Log book, I will get round to affording my own dive computer eventually, it's on the list! I've just ordered an Oceanic Shaddow wetsuit from Kent Diving, so looking forard to the arrival of that.
My e mail address for any help with the Log Book question is
[email protected]
Thanks once again, this seems to be a very helpful and interesting forum!

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>Thats beautiful, I like the yorkshire rose in the middle. Now how do I print two to a page of A4 I wonder???
jules

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I find the best logbook by far is the LOG-It by Log-it design and marketing. I got mine through simply scuba but you probaly can get it directly from them. Their site  is LOGIT [email protected]
I use both logbook and the dive computer (Suunto) software. Gives more work but I prefer than reading printed pages, also on holiday you are unlikely to have a computer on you.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ June 20 2003,16:00)]Thats beautiful, I like the yorkshire rose in the middle. Now how do I print two to a page of A4 I wonder???
jules
Thanks Jules - its a design I half-hinched from somewhere on the web. I normally print them off landscape then turn the paper and re-insert it into the printer and print on the otehr half. once you figure it out you can print the backs as well!

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Heads Up @ June 20 2003,16:22)]I normally print them off landscape then turn the paper and re-insert it into the printer and print on the otehr half. once you figure it out you can print the backs as well!
<font color='#736AFF'>your faith in my IT abilities is touching! When I have to print a letter at work onto letter heading It always takes me 4 goes to get it on the right side and right way uP!
jules
with a really scorched face from wind and sun and seawater at whitby today..

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Anyone who wants a spreadsheet ( MS Excel ) version on a LOGBOOK i did for a couple of Novices,

E:mail me for a copy on [email protected]

Andy

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Logbook pages

Hi,

Does anyone have their logbook pages in pdf, or electronic format, just print off when you've run out?

If so, could you point me where to get the file from?

Cheers,

-NEIL

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Excellent! Just what I was after.

Porg, file must have been moved, the link on the thread is dead.

Have you got the file you can email to me?

-NEIL

1 - 20 of 27 Posts