YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mark Milburn
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sunday April 22nd was a very early start, 6am, the forecast was for good weather, but not for us.

It all began for the masses at 9:45am, it took just over 10 minutes to reach the start. There are 3 starts, the Red for the masses, the Green for Celebs and good for age and the Blue for the Elite and club runners. For some reason the Blue start had a lot more runners than normal.

For me the first 7 miles went well then my broken foot (4 weeks ago) started to ache, I necked every pain killer I had. By 10 miles I thought it was gonna re-break so I backed off, part run part walk, all with a heavy limp. I eventually made it to the finish. Just under 6 hours (All time worse) of pain and discomfort all for a T shirt and medal, but i'd do it again.

Part of the problem for me and many other runners was that there were at least 5 water stations with no water at all. Previous runners had taken 1 to drink and 1 to cool themselves down by throwing over themselves, which left us without any water!!! The blame has to be partially proportioned to the organisers and the runners, the organiser knew it would happen and should have done something about it, the runners shouldn't waste our drinking water!! It was beach weather at 23.5 degrees, not running weather!

If anyone would like to still sponsor me I am still collecting HERE

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Well done for finishing. It must have been awful with the heat as well as a dodgy foot. Now, are you going to get it strapped up so it can heal properly???
:)

·
The man who makes nice "SHINY" things
1,706 Posts
WELL DONE for finishing, at least you was not pulling a large stone around the course the person done it in 22 hours ( i think) and it is the same person who walked it in a old hat diving equipment a few years back.

Your prize is been sent to you

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts