YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>OK, I get how long hoses are going to be necessary to twinvert my set, but I'm presuming that the wing inflator will still have to come up to shoulder height, won't it?

That's going to be quite a long hose, surely?

And aren't your gauges going to have to be on shorter hoses?

These simple questions, yet I can see all these custom length hoses costing a lt of money!!!

TIA

Digs.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I'm still using my regular wing inflator hose which joins the inflator from below, consequently the inflator goes under my left arm and is bungeed up to a D-ring on my harness left side, wing has two other pull dumps so no problems there. considering getting a long inflator hose in the future but not actually necessary at the moment

The SPG is still on same hose as before, I tend to clip it to my crotch D-ring, length seems fine for my needs.

Currently still using my original octo hose (~75 cm long), comes up around the side of the wing from below. Could do with being a couple of centimeres longer for my liking but it was fine when doing surprise OOA drills last week (it's on a silicon tubing necklace)

In fact the only hose replacement I absolutely needed to invert my rig was a 2 metre primary hose (£36 from Denny diving), and you may very well already have one of those.

I'd recommend a valve guard, got mine (CD one) S/H from Andy TT, Jay has a link to a cheap (1st hand) valve guard manufacturer

Chee-az
Steve

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Digger,

my rig is almost the same as Steve W's except that my inflator hose is bungeed across my chest from left to right.

Beaver do a 2.1m hose for £22.95.

Safe diving,
Steve.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>There you go...

Custom Diver ones are about £90 + p&p from DWH, these ones above are £50. CD ones are IMHO a bit more "aesthetically pleasing", but at half the price the others look like a good deal to me. (my SH one was £60 from andyTT).
Either way, the feeling of being able to fiddle with your knobs (oo-er missus!) as you're finning along is well worth the investment, especially if you're like me and Captain Paranoia is a familiar dive buddy  

Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Thanks guys. i'm going to give it a try I think, but I'm not going to go out and spend £50 on a avlve guard just yet!

I've already got my reg on a 2m hose, and I've got a few octopus length hoses knocking around, so it looks like I'm not far from being ready to do the deed.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I made a computerised technical sketch of the CD one for one of our Maltesers (think it was Pierre) who was going to make their own version, let me know if anyone wants a copy
Chee-az
steve

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

I made one.  I just bent a piece of steel and used some u bolts around the cylinder necks.  worked fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.