YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I used to think that Yorkshire Divers was a place for cold water drysuit types and that I wouldn't really fit in...being a WWW. Someone told me that that wasn't true and as I was looking for a new home I decided to make the giant step. I guess I'll find out huh? :angel:

I'm English.....living in Japan......around 150 dives.......basic overhead certified (IANTD cavern/wreck) - PADI Rescue.

I've been a member of a US site for several years, including being a mod there for two. We seem to be having a parting of the ways though so I hope this works out better, although time zone differences don't work out that well for Europe! :angel:

OK....'nuff about me........who are you?

·
No social integrator
4,457 Posts
Welcome to YD!

KyushuKim said:
I used to think that Yorkshire Divers was a place for cold water drysuit types and that I wouldn't really fit in
Nah - nobody listens to that lot anyway :D

Good to have you here. We have all types, from all over. There's even a few resident in Japan so you'll have someone to talk to while we're all asleep :)

·
A Moderate from 04/01/07-24/12/12
11,804 Posts
Hi Kim

We are a broad church talking a mixture of warm water/cold water; blue water/green water; wetsuit/drysuit; but always can be relied upon to talk b*ll*x :D

Welcome
Mal

P.S. Lady Kim or Boy Kim? I ask only on behalf of the boards Lotharians .... wouldn't want them making fools of themselves ......again ;)

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi Kim

We are a broad church talking a mixture of warm water/cold water; blue water/green water; wetsuit/drysuit; but always can be relied upon to talk b*ll*x :D
What he said, ;) a warm welcome to YD, and I hope you enjoy the boards.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
Hi,
I used to think that Yorkshire Divers was a place for cold water drysuit types and that I wouldn't really fit in...being a WWW. Someone told me that that wasn't true and as I was looking for a new home I decided to make the giant step. I guess I'll find out huh? :angel:

I'm English.....living in Japan......around 150 dives.......basic overhead certified (IANTD cavern/wreck) - PADI Rescue.

I've been a member of a US site for several years, including being a mod there for two. We seem to be having a parting of the ways though so I hope this works out better, although time zone differences don't work out that well for Europe! :angel:

OK....'nuff about me........who are you?
Welcome on board Kim. What happened to the Fatboy Avatar?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome on board Kim. What happened to the Fatboy Avatar?
LOL. That's my protest avatar I changed to over there when I got sacked! This one is actually what I've used for years. It's from a dive I did in Okinawa.

I'll use my sig sumo though...when I actually HAVE a sig here! That was a present from someone. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Definitely no Ladyboy.
No duckie....not quite! :angel:

Well, I've been having a look around and I must say there's features on this site that have lost me.

What the heck is all this "Digg" and "Furl" etc.......and reputation points.....Linkbacks and interconnected blog-o-spheres or something?????

I feel like I've been missing something.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts