YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Still young enough to know everything
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my current phone is just about knackered (Sony Ericsson K810i), I am soon going to be in the market for a new phone (not until my current one packs in though, oh no...). I don't want a modern touch-screen thing that will give you a shave while you're asleep and blow your nose for you - I want something that will be robust and won't explode if it gets a bit of welding spatter on it. I don't really want any fancy features (although monopoly would be nice...) - just be able to call and text, and possibly e-mail, but its not a necessity.

Do these types of phones actually exist anymore, or are they all discontinued to make way for the crappy "break after dropping it once" phones of today?

Anyone know of a phone like this still available today?

Cheers in advance :)

·
Registered
793 Posts
you can get phones like that still. Prob pick up something for about £20 in tesco and the like. No idea about makes and models though. Im firmly in the i want my phone to have as many shiny things as possible even though i rarely use them corner

·
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you can get phones like that still. Prob pick up something for about £20 in tesco and the like. No idea about makes and models though. Im firmly in the i want my phone to have as many shiny things as possible even though i rarely use them corner
Right oh - I'll try Tesco :)

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
You can still have a touch screen funky phone, but with it being protected from bangs, dings and so-forth.

This is my iPhone, but in a rather nifty Otterbox case that makes it look like it came from the tool aisle in B&Q. Rubber flaps on all ports and the yellow plastic case is a hard shell that the phone is inside and a screen protector too. I can still get to all the charging ports and so-on and it works great. But it protects it from the bangs and scratches, is splashproof and means I don't worry about it being out on my bike or by the sea etc..

·
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You can still have a touch screen funky phone, but with it being protected from bangs, dings and so-forth.

This is my iPhone, but in a rather nifty Otterbox case that makes it look like it came from the tool aisle in B&Q. Rubber flaps on all ports and the yellow plastic case is a hard shell that the phone is inside and a screen protector too. I can still get to all the charging ports and so-on and it works great. But it protects it from the bangs and scratches, is splashproof and means I don't worry about it being out on my bike or by the sea etc..
Shame it's related to the ipod touch which is full of glitches that really cheese me off.

And costs £200 (?)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.