YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Can anyone point me in the direction of a pool that we can use for training. Would prefer a school pool as they allow use during the weekend. If not then a pool during the evenings. Area would be Great Barr, erdington, sutton. But would be willing to travel and if necessary when using the pool would also consider sharing the pool with another school to cover costs. Our local pool has now stopped hiring out.

G

·
I can't recommend any specific pool but it might be worth contacting the Leisure Dept at Birm City Council. The dive club I learnt with still use a BCC pool for an hour during a weekday evening.

The Leisure Dept should be able to point you in the right direction and then its a case of calling the pools to see if they have any availability. They may also give you the telephone numbers of any clubs that currently use the pools and it would be worth calling them to see if they are willing to share. That depends on how much they're using the pool, they might be grateful for the extra income!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts