YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear dive pals,

I am looking for a dive computer with air pressure integration - or even two, one for my buddy and one for myself. I would prefer a hose-less system, but a sender does not currently need to be part of the package right now. We can also buy it later.

The most interesting Systems Gould be rather fresh models Ilke Suunto Vyper Air / Vytec DS or Uwatec Galileo Luna / Sol. But older models Iike Uwatec Smart, Seemann / Sub Gear XP Air or Oceanic VT should also be fine, as we are fun and holiday divers so far.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Cheers,
Tobias

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I have a Galileo Sol with 2 transmitters I might be tempted to part with..Its only been in the water about 3 times....transmitters never been used as has the heart rate monitor

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds interesting. If the unit has only seen the water three times, is it still covered by warranty? What do want for the package?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
not covered by warranty, its about 3 years old I reckon...Never used as then went ccr..I would still use it if they ever bother updating it to ccr friendly

·
Notice my avatar. I am hard astern.
9,347 Posts
Scubapro Galileo (Sol or Luna), any of the Suuntos now gas integrated with an improved system, Mares Icon HD (now gas integrated), Oceanic OC1: you won't regret getting any one of them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a LUNA (Almost the same as the SOL) and it is a fantastic computer and the compass is the best you will find. You won't regret buying it.
I forgot to quote you, so it may have been misleading. My post referred to your Luna: "Yes, I know the system. What are the key facts (age, warranty, package contents, price)?"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Scubapro Galileo (Sol or Luna), any of the Suuntos now gas integrated with an improved system, Mares Icon HD (now gas integrated), Oceanic OC1: you won't regret getting any one of them.
Thanks for the list. I did not mention the Mares Icon HD, as I do not expect anybody selling it currently. But yes, from what I saw at the boot tradefair in January its seems to be a great device and once again a little Mares (r)evolution :)

·
team wibble
400 Posts
I've got a oceanic vt3 which is great and what is even better is that the Oceanics have a lifetime warranty for the purchaser, can gas switch for two mixes and can take second transponder.

Cheers John

Although I would like a shearwater predeter, but I think I will miss the air integration it is nice have it on your wrist

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WTB: dive computer with air pressure integration

Dear dive pals,

I am looking for a dive computer with air pressure integration - or even two, one for my buddy and one for myself. I would prefer a hose-less system, but a sender does not currently need to be part of the package right now. We can also buy it later.

The most interesting Systems Gould be rather fresh models Ilke Suunto Vyper Air / Vytec DS or Uwatec Galileo Luna / Sol. But older models Iike Uwatec Smart, Seemann / Sub Gear XP Air or Oceanic VT should also be fine, as we are fun and holiday divers so far.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Cheers,
Tobias
It is great, that the thread becomes an exchange of experiences. But just to make sure that it does not get lost: I posted in the category "personal adverts" because I want to buy and maybeo one of you is willing to sell an according device :teeth:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts