YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm looking for a video camera and housing to hire for a project I'm working on in a couple of weeks.
I'm looking for a camera that shoots progressive. It must have a global shutter i.e. CCD sensor and shoots in HD or HDV. I'm looking to hire for a week from the 16th July in Cheltenham. Unfortunately I only have an extremely tight budget, as it is a self-funded art-based project, which I had originally planned to shoot with my own kit, which is now not possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Emma

Emma Critchley - Visual Artist - Underwater Photography and Video / HOME

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Hello,
I'm looking for a video camera and housing to hire for a project I'm working on in a couple of weeks.
I'm looking for a camera that shoots progressive. It must have a global shutter i.e. CCD sensor and shoots in HD or HDV. I'm looking to hire for a week from the 16th July in Cheltenham. Unfortunately I only have an extremely tight budget, as it is a self-funded art-based project, which I had originally planned to shoot with my own kit, which is now not possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Emma

Emma Critchley - Visual Artist - Underwater Photography and Video / HOME
Welcome to the boards Emma xx

I've been helping Emma out with the spec for this shoot, what she needs is quite specific, as she states;

capable of shooting 25p progressive (PSF or interlaced wont work)
CCD, or global CMOS
HD or HDV

As good as it is, Rich Stevenon's kit unfortunately doesn't marry up

And for the record, as this is Emma's first post to YD, I've known her for a few years (five now Emma, doesn't time fly eh!), and will quite happilly vouch for her, and the care I know she will take of any unit she borrows/hires.

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Would a GoPro meet the requirement? My G10 set up does not do HD by my Sartex (gopro look alike) does
The G10 is the only one out of those three that incorporates a global shurrer (CCD in this case) sensor.

I should also add to the spec, the camera needs to be able to offer;

- manual shutter speed and aperture/iris control
- manual iso/gain control (or disable AGW)
- manual focus control

Cheers

Stu

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Stu,

Might be worth putting a list of units which do match that spec... Then people can post that across FB and other social media too...

Regards

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Panasonic HVX200 and HMC151 video cameras with housing will definitely work

Thanks

Emma

·
Registered
495 Posts
Will a canon hf100 do what you want? I have one with an ike housing, although I must point out that operating the menu joystick is difficult in the housing

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
If the g10 does is the s95 any good? 720p hd plus full manual
I'm afraid not Tufty, it needs to be full hd or hdv
Will a canon hf100 do what you want? I have one with an ike housing, although I must point out that operating the menu joystick is difficult in the housing
Thanks for the offer Carl, but the HF100 is CMOS so has a rolling shutter.

·
Registered
366 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello, thank you for your message. Unfortunately I don't think this will work as I need a camera with full manual control and to be able to access this underwater. Many thanks all the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is CMOS I'm afraid. I'm looking for a camera with a CCD sensor that shoots progressive and has manual controls. Thanks all the same though!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
It shoots progressive @ 25p and has some manual controls. Though I don't know to what level these are accessible through the housing.

Maybe you should post up a list of cameras that would meet your requirements?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
It shoots progressive @ 25p and has some manual controls. Though I don't know to what level these are accessible through the housing.

Maybe you should post up a list of cameras that would meet your requirements?
The camera needs to have a CCD based sensor...

·
Sort of member - perhaps, possibly, maybe
3,276 Posts
Gosh.

Many replies and yet not one that hits the nail on its proverbial head. I know next to nothing about video but your acceptable limits seem to be pretty stringent? As someone else said, perhaps it's time to be more specific as to camera/housing?

You, and we, currently are going, and getting, precisely nowhere.

Edit/: I can appreciate confidentiality but this seems just a tad ridiculous. :\Edit

Reactions: principia
1 - 20 of 32 Posts