YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just begun to wonder whether I'm too old for diving. Apart from my abortive attempt earlier this year I haven't been since last September.

There are genuine reasons for this not having been recently but I'm beginning to wonder if I've lost my moxy .......... and, NO, I don't mean my moxygoshthisitchesherpes, which I would glady loose (the cold sore one which is the only one I've got!).

I would like people to advise their age and whether they are still twin 12ing etc etc ................. so I can get a feel of how fast I will decline.

Take Matt, for example, who, according to some of the ladies, is 'pretty fit for his age' had been castigated by some for his kit entanglement risks. However, I can see some instances where a zimmer frame, far from being an entanglement hazzard, may actually provide the diver with protection from wreck impacts ................... provide a frame with unlimited attachment potential ............... a communal and portable deco station ................ a method to stretcher an injured diver ................ something to hang a towle on to dry ............. the start of a dalek suit ...........

Wow, perhaps it's not going to be as bad as I thought?

:teeth: :teeth:

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nurse! NURSE! Finless is loose again! :)
What? Why? Who? Typical .......... a heartfelt plea for help and information and this is the treatment I get!

I didn't fight in two World Wars to get this sort of treatment you know!!!

Bloody kids ........... no respect for their elders .......... bring back the cane I say ............ like to get you over my knee with your pants down ................... oh FFS, now I've lost my teeth whilst muttering so much!!!

:teeth:

·
Sub-optimal DIR wannabe
1,038 Posts
Bloody kids ........... no respect for their elders .......... bring back the cane I say ............ like to get you over my knee with your pants down
I'll bring the video camera and we can make enough cash on tinternet for someone young enough for you to dive by proxy.
:D :D

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
What? Why? Who? Typical .......... a heartfelt plea for help and information and this is the treatment I get!

I didn't fight in two World Wars to get this sort of treatment you know!!!

Bloody kids ........... no respect for their elders .......... bring back the cane I say ............ like to get you over my knee with your pants down ................... oh FFS, now I've lost my teeth whilst muttering so much!!!

You are but a lazy wayward child I have several years on you and use twin twelves stages etc.
You need to ditch the FFM and get some cold water around your quivering jowls. Very envigourating (sp)?

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just get out and dive you big ninny. Well, assuming the weather is okay and your joints don't ache too much.

HTH,
dan
It's me knees guv'. Shot to pieces they are .......... can't 'ardly support me weight ............ and they're me best bits. Oh, the stories I could tell you ............... the aches and the stiffness ............ martyr I am ............ to me joints.

Still, on the bright side I'm pretty good on short term rain forecasts!!! :teeth:

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Bryan are you suffering from attention deficit disorder i.e you aint getting enough attention.

Pretty fit for his age eh???? Yeah but I told them I was 83 :)

Put the bloody tanks on your back and go and get diving. Having said that I havent been for a while but Stoney beckons this weekend and it'll be the twins for me my boy, 12's at that plus a stage I think.

Matt

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bryan are you suffering from attention deficit disorder i.e you aint getting enough attention.
Well, I SHOULD be working but am bored bored bored!!! Mind you, I got tugged by the Plod today. Apparently I came up on their in car widget as having no car insurance .......... which I do but thanks to my marvellous memory all I could remember was the company had "line" in their name.

Pretty fit for his age eh???? Yeah but I told them I was 83 :)
"They" recollect it was "93"! :):)

[qyote]Put the bloody tanks on your back and go and get diving. Having said that I havent been for a while but Stoney beckons this weekend and it'll be the twins for me my boy, 12's at that plus a stage I think.

Matt[/quote]

Not 'til 28th July - as it stands.

Oh well, I'm really bored but I suppose that's no reason to inflict the same on others. Sigh, work it is then! :frown:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.