YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MGE ratchet reel and self-inflating DSMB managed to become detached from my BCD some time during my second dive at Stoney Cove on the 14/05. The reel and DSMB both have BURCH written on them in black indelible ink, you can't miss it on the DSMB! If anyone finds it I would appreciate an e-mail to [email protected].

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Matt

Entered from the bus stop, went down the road past the cockpit. Hangered left where it levels out through the barrels etc., until we hit the Stanegarth anchor chain followed this to the Stanegarth and took a 160 bearing off the stern to try and find the APC (which we missed). Headed north back to the wall and came up it about 30m from the Nautilus. Headed to the Nautlilus and swam through the pub foundations. Exited by the step on the Quay. We did a reasonable search of the 6m ledger and didn't see anything! I fear it is losts in the barren waste to the east of the Stanegarth!

Paul

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clare

Thanks, I haven't plicked up the courage to tell my wife yet, it was a birthday present last month!

Regards

Paul

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Have you tried ringing the shop at Stoney ? 01455 273089 - you never know it might have been handed in, especially as it has a name on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tried the shop yesterday afternoon, they said to ring back in a couple of days time. Have also checked eBay out!

Was down by the cockpit but would be surprised if it was the label from mine, still you never know.

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
I have a reel and SMB that you cant loose

It's red and glows in the dark so you cant loose it at night
it alarms if it come detached so you cant loose it by dropping it
it has a locater so i can always find my way back to it
and you can put you details on the little card section

don't ask me where i got it from .

I found it whilst diving :D

Graham

1 - 10 of 10 Posts