YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Karma is a funny old thing innit? Forgot to mention in my Abbs report that one of the young guys who helped rescue the hapless divers lost his puta in the process, hopefully it will be found by an honest person...? (Hey! who knows the glass might actually be half-full
) Here's his post from the BSAC forum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whilst helping to rescue two divers who had gotten stuck on one of the rocks (little green car)at St Abbs i unfortunately lost my new (as in bought at the dive show a week earlier) sunto vyper dive computer. I lost it whilst surface swimming in the area between the harbour wall and the nearest rock. I would be very greatful if someone was to come across it if they would contact me to return it. the computer does have my name on it "mat mitchell". u can phone me on 07739100869 or e mail me at [email protected] once again i would be greatful if anyone is doing a shore dive off the harbour wall if they could keep an eye out for it.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Steve
its a long shot and probably unlikely but if he contacts Suunto and tells them what he's done they might just replace it for free - just think what that would be worth to the Advertising dept.

Other than that I hope some honest diver does respond.

Out of interest I wonder if it will go into melt down mode as its gona rack up some enormous deco penalty I reckon

Matt

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Stevie,

Sorry to hear about that. Does the fella have the serial number for the Vyper? If so, Gav and I can post it at the local shops in case someone comes in with a computer for sale "second hand".

Might trace it, you never know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts