YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an effort to prolong the life of my sensor on my Analox, i took advice and purchased a little white plug that goes in the hole normally occupied by the green dome with a hole in it. I ususllay forget to use it but a little while ago, i did.

Sadly, somewhere between my living room and Stoney Cove car park, the green thing has disappeared. Has anybody got a spare or know where I can source one for somewhat less than the £54 we have been quoted? i know it is a long shot, but I don't think the analox will analyse properly without it.
Cheers

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Contact MarkP and see if he anything kicking around.

·
The smell of freshly turned delrin is more powerfu
3,173 Posts

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's kind of what i thought. it would almost be worth buying a new one, and having a spare sensor.

Anyway, i have sent mark and email, hopefully he will be able to assist.

thanks guys
:)

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
Hi Scubee.

Before you potentially buy a new analox, have a look here conradelectronics.com

On the Homepage searchbar, type in Oxygen and you'll see an O2 analyser, for £89.99. A LOT cheaper than an Analox. . .

I saw the link in a previous thread on the personal adds page a few weeks ago.

Steve

·
So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian
11,158 Posts
I have a plug for mine, and it has a curious, yet predictable effect, I just wonder if it's detrimental for the cell.

It has an o-ring, so as you plug it in, it compresses the air in there, forcing up the PO2. So....

I guess that the O2 will be 'burnt' quickly, but it implies that the cell 'sees' a hight pressure difference, will this damage it?

r
P

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a plug for mine, and it has a curious, yet predictable effect, I just wonder if it's detrimental for the cell.

It has an o-ring, so as you plug it in, it compresses the air in there, forcing up the PO2. So....

I guess that the O2 will be 'burnt' quickly, but it implies that the cell 'sees' a hight pressure difference, will this damage it?

r
P
I would have thought that 'they' would have taken that into account when they deveoped the plug.....[cynical mode on]unless it is a secret ploy to bu88er the sensor quciker [/cynical mode off]well, i am so lazy, i usually forget about switching it over, just analise, then shove it back into its box. The one time i change it in ages, and the bloody thing disappears. :(

·
Make mine a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster.
1,763 Posts
Do me a drawing and I could probably make something out of delrin if you're stuck. Size of the hole for letting the gas through is probably fairly critical.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do me a drawing and I could probably make something out of delrin if you're stuck. Size of the hole for letting the gas through is probably fairly critical.
I would, but I don't have anything to copy :embarassed: and artistry isn't my strong point. I might be able to get hold of one to photograph if that is any help

·
The smell of freshly turned delrin is more powerfu
3,173 Posts
little green thingy :)

well it has a 0.5mm hole to let gas in and two 2.3mm holes to let gas out.the plug diamaeter is about 13.37mm. but unless you have seen one to copy its got some strange jetting type system to protect or just hold injected gas over sensor ?

I made one last night and I am never ever going to make another one 54 quid seems very cheap now :)

David

Reactions: 19696

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
little green thingy :)

well it has a 0.5mm hole to let gas in and two 2.3mm holes to let gas out.the plug diamaeter is about 13.37mm. but unless you have seen one to copy its got some strange jetting type system to protect or just hold injected gas over sensor ?

I made one last night and I am never ever going to make another one 54 quid seems very cheap now :)

David
Thank you sooooo much :teeth:

It sounds as though it was a tough job - i really appreciate it.
green incoming :)

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
I still find this price a bit odd a replacement sensor would be about 50 pounds.

a new unit £ 160.00 Dive-Tech: TDI, PSAI and ITDA Nitrox, trimix and advanced technical diver training courses

so thats 54 for the green thing 50 for a sensor. I would not want to try and buy everything else for 46 quid...

just thinking outloud...

David

Hmm......try buying the bits of your car, fridge, whatever....and building it yourself.......you'll find you pay more for the bits than you would for a complete unit!!! It's the same with any item requiring assembly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts