YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Aspiring to the Horizontal
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
need the help of the YD IT experts for a Lotus Notes problem.

We run Notes 7.0.1 (which is no longer supported by IBM) but which has been very stable for us for years.

In the past couple of days the the Lotus Domino server is constantly crashing, typically 5-10 miutes after restart generating the error message

Stack Base = 0x0012F1E8 Stack size 10276
Invalid Pool Free Chain

We have been unable to tie in this to any software / hardware changes.

One of the users said that he tried to open a winmail.dat attachement (which has compatability issues with Notes 7.0.1) shortly before the crashed began. However, this attachement has been deleted from all mail files and replicated through the server but the problem with the Domino server crash is stll occuring so is probably a red herring.

Would appreciate any tips, pointers or help. Before anyone says it - ditching Notes not an option at the moment

TIA, John

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Seems like someone else had the same/similar problem but nobody seems to have replied with an answer.

Notes/Domino 6 and 7 Forum : Notes Crushes - Panic Invalid pool free chain

I would recommend phoning IBM UK and getting onto their tech people ref Lotus Products / from my experience they are quite helpful about giving aid on their products (esp now that MS rule the PC world). It might take several phone calls to get to the right person. I got through to them to find out if their product would run on Win 7 and how to make it do so.

If you are not the sort of person that likes trying to blag a free answer out of IBM then take then perhaps you could take the approach that "I'm trying to find an answer to this problem and would like to know how much it would cost (if anything) to get it fixed"?

Good luck.

I still use Lotus 123 spreadsheets.
:)

·
Aspiring to the Horizontal
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

not in UK and the local IBM support refused to help as it is an older version of notes and no longer supported by them. They offered a tech to visit at US$2000 up front and then $1000 a day.

their other offer was an upgrade to the latest version, with licences,, installation and 1 year support - total of approx $14,000 !!!!

Spent 2 days with it myself and mangaed to get it working. Turned out to be linked to java processing of an incompatible embedded image.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Thanks,

not in UK and the local IBM support refused to help as it is an older version of notes and no longer supported by them. They offered a tech to visit at US$2000 up front and then $1000 a day.

their other offer was an upgrade to the latest version, with licences,, installation and 1 year support - total of approx $14,000 !!!!

Spent 2 days with it myself and mangaed to get it working. Turned out to be linked to java processing of an incompatible embedded image.
I have three things to say about that:-

1. How much?
2. It's a good job IMB are a little company otherwise you could easily hate them as much as MS!
3. Glad you got it sorted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts