101 - 117 of 117 Posts

· Banned
1,380 Posts
Steve W said:
Depends, if you can answer yes to:
1) Am I mad?
2) Do I sleep with my sister ?
3) Is my horse is a Senator?
then probably, but if you are, watch your back Caeser ;)
2 out of 3 ain't bad. Enquiries after which particular 2 will be rebuffed with a wibble.

· old time
6,621 Posts
AnneMarie said:
There are few females in this country whom have successfully used rebreathers to 100m +. Apart from myself and Louise, there are only a handful.

Therefore you will not ever understand the magazine's true context, therefore it is invalid for you to discuss the perceived merits of the publication.

Regards

AnneMarie
By that statement then , why do an article on women with photos have a piss on a RhIB...... I just can't get a grasp of TECKKIE DIVING WOMEN and pissing on a RhIB.

Surely tekkie divers doing stuff in the 100 + mt range are using hard boats ?

I do find this post very taxing on my brain, and learning all the way.

· Corner Queen
683 Posts
Dive Girl is a good read, mostly jokey, but there are some seriously touching articles in there. Does anyone remember the one with the girl who lost part of her skull, and Louise interviewed her? I'm sorry I can't remember her name but it was a while ago now. As a contributor to about three lines of pap (I was on the cover once, and gave a truely shite interview, still trying to live it down) I think it's important to understand that we aren't male divers with boobs we're women divers, and as such like a bit of light hearted girly, pink, fluffy banter to lighten things up a bit. The 'my penis is bigger than yours arguments' leave us feeling a bit left out sometimes ;)

There is nothing wrong with Dive Girl (except the fact that I CAN'T get them to send it to my dive centre) and knocking something because you personally don't like it seems a bit childish. It definately has it's place :)

[email protected]

· rEvolutionary Diving
4,495 Posts
Once

I am only going to post once on this thread.

So far as I can see (and I have read the whole thread) Louise T was a YD member way before I ever did a try dive. The thread was imported from 2002.

As a YD member she will have full and free access to the forum and is fully imformed of any gigs as is John Bantin another YD member.

They, like all the other YD members are most welcome on any gigs without a formal invite.

After reading this thread and the derogotory comments made (not about her), I would be surprised if she would be willing to turn up.

I can´t be botherd with cutting and pasting the comments which I find out of character with this forum, but be assured they are out of charecter.

I personally do not welcome any public humiliation of any forum member in any instance.

My 2 piastias worth.

· Registered
3,877 Posts
Simon TW said:
I am only going to post once on this thread.
Zo lizzen var var carvully... ;)

So far as I can see (and I have read the whole thread) Louise T was a YD member way before I ever did a try dive.
As a YD member she will have full and free access to the forum and is fully imformed of any gigs as is John Bantin another YD member.

They, like all the other YD members are most welcome on any gigs without a formal invite.
Well said Simon.

Porg, what's the big deal? You feeling "Starstruck" ? I'm sure Lousie is a pleasant enough chapess but I'd get no more excited about meeting her than any other diver I know.

· Registered
12,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Be Advised

Posts from here on in have to be constructive in their criticism and not combative! ;)

· LIVE LIFE!
458 Posts
Steve W said:
Zo lizzen var var carvully... ;)

Well said Simon.

Porg, what's the big deal? You feeling "Starstruck" ? I'm sure Lousie is a pleasant enough chapess but I'd get no more excited about meeting her than any other diver I know.
Your obviously forgeting Dougparker..i mean, the dive GOD,Our own in-house dive-deity!!! :D

Reactions: ANDY 64

· wibble
11,296 Posts
I dont see John Chatterton beating at our internet door wanting to come on any YD gigs, or Leigh Bishop, or Tanya Streeter.

I admire Louise for being a girl in a very very male environment - deep rebreather diving. Louise did the dive that Rizia Ortolani did to become the deepest wreck diving woman earlier this year. 140m if i remember right. Now that takes balls, or would it be tits? i dunno.

Now, would anyone else wishing to shit all over me please get it out of their system now. Go on, free shot.

· The Voice of his (De)generation
1,404 Posts
Rob Evans said:
Er.... May I refer you to the Male pervs thread? :D

BTW Helen - life's too short, don't let it get to ya.

Big hugs

Same here Helen and I once saw Louise T at a dive show and she is fit. I would love to meet her but then I am a perv!

Dinger

· Registered
1,222 Posts
I'm obviously missing something here. What the hell is the big deal here with Louise diving on a YD gig or not?

Louise, on the couple of occasions I've met her has been sound but like most people I'm pretty sure that her sh*t stinks just as much as everybodys. If she wants to jump on a YD gig then I'm sure she will be as welcome as everyone else but if not then hey, I'm sure someone will fill the place.

As for the critisism of Dive Girl. I'm pretty sure that Louise has heard a damn sight worse and I'm also pretty sure that she'll not be crying heself to sleep about the comments made on here. She's no shrinking violet and can more than take care of herself.

There must be a huge stack of teddies somewhere that have been slung into the corner during the past couple of weeks. Some people need to take a chill pill.

ATB

· Liberal Lefty
1,684 Posts
Bloody hell, you lot have been busy posting.

Never read divegirl, but I'm a bloke so it's not surprising. I do have an idea for a new magazine though -

DiveBloke - much like Zoo or Nuts , but with dive kit rather than TV and (*spits*) football. The women could 'model' stuff like rebreathers and computers. There could even be 'arty' shots with strategically placed regulators.

· Registered
3,877 Posts
Porg said:
I admire Louise for being a girl in a very very male environment - deep rebreather diving. Louise did the dive that Rizia Ortolani did to become the deepest wreck diving woman earlier this year. 140m if i remember right. Now that takes balls, or would it be tits? i dunno.
Last month I met Sal C for the first time, she's done 138 metres (maybe more I don't know) no faux-fame, no pretention, no invitations required to be extended or RSVPed, a thoroughly nice and sociable chapess who gets the rounds in with the rest of the guys - now these are what I call admirable qualities.

· Registered
1,569 Posts
Forgive me if Im wrong, but I've seen very little personal criticism on this thread, more criticism about divegirl, which is a personal thing as much as what newspaper someone reads. Everyone seems to have taken things said to heart for some reason and, apart from the condescending attitude of an experienced female diver on this thread, no one as far as I can see was trying to put others down. Why is everyone getting upset and irate over what I see as a simple discussion about arranging a dive? And no I am not having a go at anyone before I cause offence :D

3,278 Posts
Hi

Sadly I have had to interfere again. Louise is perfectly welcome to join any YD gig, as is any diver, celebrity or not, even a DIR gig, although at the moment I would think her eagerness to do so will be just about non existent, which is a shame and you have not done YD any favours today.

This is not worth getting upset over and the last few messages have been deleted so we can all get back to normal, can't we? If there is a problem then please PM me.

Thread closed.

Andy

101 - 117 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.